[ecoop-info] Assistant Professor (Tenure-track) Position in Computer Systems Technology

Raffi Khatchadourian rkhatchadourian at citytech.cuny.edu
Thu Oct 30 22:36:55 CET 2014

Apologies for multiple postings.

FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

New York City College of Technology (NYCCT) of the City University of New York (CUNY), a comprehensive college of 17,000 students in downtown Brooklyn, offering associate and baccalaureate degrees, invites applications for tenure-track positions in Computer Systems Technology department at the Assistant Professor level, to begin in the Spring or Fall 2015 semesters.

The department is offers innovative associate and baccalaureate curricula to educate students in emerging information technologies and their application to business, science, the arts and other human endeavors. It is one of the largest departments in the College, offering AAS and BTech degrees in multiple areas of concentration. The CST department is part of the School of Technology and Design, which provides a unique environment for interdisciplinary research and learning.
The position requires a commitment to teaching, scholarly research resulting in publications and presentations, sustained service to the department and college, and academic advisement. The candidate hired will be expected to participate actively in College/University-wide initiatives and function collaboratively in department level efforts, playing an active role in the creation/development/assessment of department curricula.

Performs teaching, research and guidance duties in area(s) of expertise. Shares responsibility for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions.

QUALIFICATIONS

Minimum qualifications are a Ph.D. in Computer Science or related fields. A preferred candidate would have at least two years college level teaching experience and have expertise in various areas of computer science and computer systems including: (1) Networking and Security or (2) Database and Software Development and would join a growing team of faculty working to develop and teach undergraduate courses focused in these areas. The ideal candidate would possess experience and show interest in creating such courses, and would have relevant experience in teaching general computer courses currently offered by the department. Research and publication are required for tenure and promotion. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in hand by the date of appointment in August 2015.

Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution.

COMPENSATION

CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.

HOW TO APPLY

Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.

Candidates should provide a CV/resume and statement of scholarly interests.

CLOSING DATE

Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review of resumes can begin 11/12/14.

JOB SEARCH CATEGORY

CUNY Job Posting: Faculty

EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.

*Job Title:* Assistant Professor - Computer Systems Technology
*Job ID:* 11564
*Location:* NYC College of Technology
*Full/Part Time:* Full-Time
*Regular/Temporary:* Regular