[ecoop-info] [fm-announcements] Postdoc Position Announcement
MUNOZ, CESAR (LARC-D320)
cesar.a.munoz at nasa.gov
Wed Jan 7 16:29:48 CET 2015
POSTDOC POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
National Institute of Aerospace
Software Assurance and Formal Methods
The National Institute of Aerospace (NIA) has an opening for a
postdoctoral Research Scholar to work in the research area of software
assurance and formal methods in support of NASA's sponsored
programs. The successful candidate will work with NASA and NIA
researchers on one or more research topics centered on techniques and
methods for preserving and improving the integrity of software and
safety-critical systems of interest to NASA. Examples of these systems
include separation assurance algorithms for air traffic management,
concepts of operations for Next Generation Air Transportation
(NextGen), fault-tolerant avionics systems, etc.
The areas of interest within the research team include:
* Formal verification of software intensive safety-critical systems.
* Development of techniques and tools for formal verification.
* Integration of formal verification tools into software development
* Design and analysis of operational procedures, algorithms and enabling
technologies for air traffic control.
* PhD degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical or
Aerospace Engineering or closely related fields
* Demonstrated research experience within the stated areas of interest.
* Knowledge of at least one formal verification technique, e.g., theorem
model-checking, abstract interpretation, symbolic execution, etc.
* Excellent oral and writing communication skills.
* Familiarity with current challenges in formal specification and
cyber-physical systems, such as modeling of hybrid systems, numerical
due to machine numbers, etc.
* Familiarity with current challenges in application fields related to
engineering, such as autonomy and authority, modeling and simulation,
Interested candidates should apply online via NIA's career opportunities
site located at
Please include a letter of introduction, resume, and the names and contact
of three current references.
Deadline: February 15, 20015
NIA, located near NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia,
is a non-profit research and graduate education institute created to
perform aerospace and atmospheric research, develop new technologies
for the nation, and help inspire the next generation of scientists and
engineers. Additional information about NIA and its research programs
is available at www.nianet.org.
NIA ranked 12th in Top 50 Best Non-Profit Companies to work for in the U.S.
NIA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women,
members of minority groups, individuals with disabilities and veterans
are encouraged to apply. 12/2014
NIA CONTACT INFORMATION
100 Exploration Way
Hampton, VA 23666, US
info at nianet.org
To opt-out from this mailing list, send an email to
fm-announcements-request at lists.nasa.gov
with the word 'unsubscribe' as subject or in the body. You can also make the request by contacting
fm-announcements-owner at lists.nasa.gov
More information about the ecoop-info