[ecoop-info] CFP: Early registration deadline extended for RE'15
Birgit.Penzenstadler at csulb.edu
Tue Jul 21 21:51:03 CEST 2015
If you thought you missed the early registration deadline for RE'15 - here is a last chance!
Early registration has been extended to Friday, July 31.
RE'15 offers an extensive program of interest to academia, government and industry including three distinguished keynote speakers and three conference days full of papers, panels, posters and demos. The main conference is preceded by two days of 10 workshops, the doctoral symposium, and 13 exciting tutorials to develop skills in and advanced awareness of requirements engineering practices.
*CONFERENCE KEYNOTE SPEAKERS *
• *Aydin Y. Mirzaee, General Manager, FluidReview, SurveyMonkey*
You versus Users – Who owns your roadmap? (Wednesday, August 26)
• *Karen Holtzblatt, Founder & CEO, InContext*
Can you intentionally design a product that is cool? (Thursday, August 27)
• *Michael Jackson, Independent Consultant and Professor, The Open University*
Requirements, Behaviours and Software Engineering (Friday, August 28)
*Monday, August 24, 2015 *
• Boosting requirements analysis and validation skills through
feedback-enabled semantic prototyping. *Monique Snoeck and Gayane Sedrakyan, KU **Leuven, Belgium *
• Eliciting Unstated Requirements (or Be Careful What You Ask Users). *Robert Stoddard and Nancy Mead, Software Engineering Institute, CMU, USA *
• How to Combine Requirements and Interaction Design. *Dr. Hermann Kaindl, Vienna University of Technology, Austria*
• Introduction to Grounded Theory, Measurement and Applications. *Travis D. Breaux and Hanan Hibshi, Carnegie Mellon University, USA *
• Secure Systems Requirements and Construction with Security Patterns. *Prof. Eduardo B. Fernandez, Florida Atlantic University, USA *
• Writing Good Requirements. *John Terzakis and Erik Simmons, Intel, USA *
*Tuesday, August 25, 2015 *
• 21 More Powerful Ways to Catch Inadequate Requirements Early.
*Robin F. Goldsmith, Go Pro Management, Inc., USA*
• Aligning Product Line Strategy, Requirements and Features. *Mike Mannion, Glasgow Caledonian Univ., UK; and Juha Savolainen Danfoss Power Electronics A/S, Denmark *
• Business and Software Ecosystems: How to model, analyze, and survive! *Xavier Franch, Barcelona Tech, Spain; Angelo Susi, SEU, Italy; and Eric S.K. Yu, U. of Toronto *
• Business Process Compliance Analysis: A Graphical Representation with Tool Support. *Sepideh Ghanavati, LIST; Diana Marosin, LIST; Marc van Ze, Univ. of Luxembourg *
• Distributed Systems Development using Info Cases. *Carlos Henrique Cabral Duarte, Brazilian Development Bank, Brazil; Michel Heluey Fortuna, UFJF, **Brazil*
• Leverage BABOK® Guide v3 to Deliver Better Business Outcomes.*Jas Phul, International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)*
• Writing better requirements with EARS+. *Alistair Mavin, Rolls-Royce PLC, UK; and Sabine Teufl, fortiss GmbH, Germany*
RE'15 welcomes 10 workshops on the Monday and Tuesday, which totalize about
80 scientific paper presentations, many invited speakers, and much
*Monday, August 24, 2015 *
•*AIRE * 2nd International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Requirements Engineering
•*EmpiRE* 5th Workshop on Empirical Requirements Engineering
•*MoDRE * 5th International Model-Driven Requirements Engineering Workshop
•*RE4SuSy * 4th International Workshop on Requirements Engineering for Sustainable Systems
*Monday **and** Tuesday, August 24-25, 2015 *
•*iStar* Eighth International i* Workshop
*Tuesday, August 25, 2015 *
•*CrowdRE * The First International Workshop on Crowd-Based Requirements Engineering
•*ESPRE* 2nd Workshop on Evolving Security and Privacy Requirements Engineering
•*JIT RE * 1st Workshop on Just-In-Time RE
•*RePa * The Fifth International Workshop on Requirements Patterns
•*RELAW * 8th International Workshop on Requirements Engineering and Law
*MAIN CONFERENCE – AUGUST 26 TO 28 *
In addition to the three keynote presentations, RE’15 includes parallel sessions covering:
•*Research/Industry Presentations*: 19 research papers and 9 industry papers carefully selected by our program committees.
•*RE:Next! Presentations*: 15 short papers describing the current status ofongoing research.
•*Posters and Demonstrations*: 10 posters/demos to promote interaction and discussion among conference participants.
•*Panels*: 2 panels on technology transfer in practice.
•*Doctoral Symposium*: 8 presentations from students on their research projects, with constructive feedback from a panel.
•*Industry Presentations*: From the trenches and from RE’15 partners.
*GET IIBA CREDITS FOR ATTENDING! *
Please note also that members of the *International Institute of Business Analysis *(IIBA)
can get credits towards *CCBA® *or *CBAP®* recertification for participating to RE'15!
The workshops and tutorials on the Monday/Tuesday will be counted as Professional Development Hours (PD Hours) and Continuing Development Units (CDUs).
The paper presentations and keynote talks (Wednesday to Friday) will be counted as CDUs.
*SOCIAL EVENTS *
•*Welcome Reception*: *Tuesday, August 25th, 2015. 18:30 - 22:00*. The RE'15 Welcome reception will be held on the Ottawa River itself! We will enjoy a cruise and the very scenic Ottawa Valley, with a buffet, drinks and music. The departure will be next to the Ottawa Locks, between the Château Laurier and the Parliament of Canada. Come and observe the August sunset on our magical river!
•*Ottawa Walking Tour*: *Wednesday, August 26th, 2015. 19:00- 20:30*. The perfect walk around Ottawa for first-time visitors!
•*Conference Banquet*: *Thursday, August 27th, 2015. 18:00 - ...? *The RE'15 Banquet will be located in the nicest museum in the country: the Canadian Museum of History. The museum will be open for free at 18:00. The banquet will start later in the gorgeous Grand Hall! *REGISTRATIONS – Register now via http://re15.org*
RE’15 offers three types of packages at competitive prices:
•Conference + all tutorials + all workshops (from August 24 to August 28)
•All tutorials + all workshops , but not the conference (from August 24 to August 25)
•Conference only (from August 26 to August 28)
•We offer important rebates to *students *and to *IEEE members*.
•We also incite people to benefit from our *early registration fees *with an additional rebate offered *until July 20*.
•Additional reception, tour, and banquet tickets available on the registration page.
RE’15 will be held at the *University of Ottawa*, mainly in its new and shining Faculty of Social Science building. Ottawa is easily reachable by air (YOW airport), train, bus and car. There is excellent bus service (OC Transpo) to the University of Ottawa. RE’15 has many agreements with nearby hotels (more information at[http://re15.org).]http://re15.org).
Ottawa is the capital of Canada. Placed at the confluence of three rivers, Ottawa offers attractive views, great outdoors, beautiful museums and many other exciting attractions. Ottawa borders Gatineau (Québec), and together they form the National Capital Region, with a multicultural population of approximately 1.2 million people. With more than 1900 technology companies now employing nearly 75,000 people, Ottawa's key industries include wireless, photonics, clean tech, life sciences, aerospace and defence,
financial services, healthcare, government, and entertainment. Ottawa is also one of the most educated cities in one of the most educated countries in the world, with the University of Ottawa, a bilingual public researchuniversity founded in 1848, which now enrolls well over 43,000 students.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Ottawa!
Dr. Birgit Penzenstadler
California State University Long Beach
birgit.penzenstadler at csulb.edu
More information about the ecoop-info