[ecoop-info] MDM 2015 Travel Grant
chellaps at mst.edu
Mon Mar 9 15:59:10 CET 2015
THE 16TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MOBILE DATA MANAGEMENT (IEEE MDM 2015)
STUDENT TRAVEL GRANTS
The IEEE MDM 2015 conference (http://mdmconferences.org/mdm2015/) is pleased to announce the availability of student travel grants from the
U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) for U.S.-based students. Each travel grant will cover up to $1,000 USD towards conference-travel
related costs. The amount of support provided to each student is to cover the student's conference registration fee (early registration only),
economy airfare from a U.S. carrier, and logging for up to four nights (June 15, 2015 to June 18, 2015). Recipients of the grants will be
reimbursed after the conference for their conference-travel related expenses with valid receipts. We especially encourage female students
and other under-represented students in the field of Computer Science to apply. In addition, special consideration will be given to exceptional undergraduate students.
* ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- The applicant must be a student enrolled at a U.S. University.
- The recipient must register and attend the whole conference.
The funding will be used for student conference travel-related support only.
* GRANT COMMITTEE
- Le Gruenwald (University of Oklahoma)
- Konstantinos Pelechrinis (University of Pittsburgh)
- Vasilis Tsotras (University of California, Riverside)
* APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply, you must send an e-mail to mdm2015grants at gmail.com with a single PDF document containing the following materials:
- Your CV or resume (containing your full name and e-mail address, current address and contact phone number, current GPA in your coursework, and list of
research contributions such as publications).
- A letter indicating why you believe you will benefit from attending MDM 2015. This letter should also
include a brief summary of your research interests, accomplishments to date and describe areas reflected in the MDM 2015 program that would
impact your research.
- A budget outlining your estimated expenses to attend the conference. The budget can include: (i) student early registration
fee for the conference, (ii) lowest cost domestic roundtrip airfare (U.S. carrier only), and (iii) hotel costs at the conference site for Monday June 15, 2015
through Thursday June 18, 2015. The travel grant is expected to partially cover these expenses of up to $1,000 USD. You must provide valid receipts for all
these expenses within one week after the conference in order to get reimbursements.
- A recommendation letter from your advisor. This letter should also
mention the additional travel resources that will be provided to you for attending MDM 2015.
Application submission : March 27, 2015
Decisions/Notifications: April 8, 2015
Acceptance by recipient: April 15, 2015 (conference registration must be completed)
* POST-CONFERENCE REPORT
Within one week after the conference, the recipients of the travel grants will need to submit a short report that summarizes how he/she
benefited from the NSF travel support, what he/she learned from the conference, and how this impacted his/her career goals.
For any questions please contact Prof. Gruenwald (ggruenwald at ou.edu) and Prof. Pelechrinis (kpele at pitt.edu)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ecoop-info