[ecoop-info] FW: The second international workshop on Enterprise Security 2015 due on July 15 (Vancouver, Canada between November 30 and December 3, 2015)
vic1e09 at soton.ac.uk
Tue May 5 10:07:22 CEST 2015
Following the success of our last workshops, we are pleased to host the second international workshop on Enterprise Security 2015, which will be in Vancouver, Canada between November 30 and December 3, 2015. We offer platforms for scientists and practitioners to exchange points of views and strengthen collaboration. Experts in computing security and information security are welcome. We also work with a number of good journals. Deadline of submission will be July 15, 2015. Please read the following information. Many thanks.
Dr. Victor Chang
Enterprise security is the key to achieving global information security in business and organizations. Cloud computing is a new paradigm for enterprise where businesses need to be secured. However, this new trend needs to be more systematic with respect to cloud security, which is a factor in sustaining cloud technology by building-in trust. For example, current challenges with cyber security and application security flaws are highlighting important lessons to be learned and also lead to the adoption of best practices. Similarly, as the demand for cloud services increases, the importance of security and privacy will also increase.
One solution is to develop a framework for enterprise security to analyze and model organizational security of the cloud and its data. In particular, cloud data and cloud storage technologies (Amazon s3, drop box, Google drive, etc.) have now become normal practice for almost every computing user. This can explain why building trust for cloud users is one of the main focuses of cloud computing research. On the other hand, the social, human and business aspects of enterprise security are essential to users to keep their skills, business concepts and policies up-to-date. By maintaining all these aspects of security, organizations can develop an enterprise security solution to work together with business models, such as cloud provider enterprise model and cloud consumer enterprise model. In this way, enterprise security can address technical and organizational aspects of security to provide added value and win-win situations for users, adopters and service providers. Following the successful delivery of our workshop in 2014, we oversee the importance of enterprise security as a unique and rising field to ensure all aspects of security and risks can be identified, surveyed, tested, prototyped and minimized with recommendations and lessons learned disseminated.
By blending technical and organizational aspects of security, our workshop can provide a platform for intellectual discussions and interactions. To highlight the significance of enterprise security and disseminate research contributions in cloud community, we welcome papers addressing technical (implementations, algorithms, experiments, simulation, modeling and prototypes) and organizational (information system related issues, recommendation and best practices, frameworks, risks) issues. We offer the best paper awards and winners will be invited to contribute to high-quality journals.
Paper Submissions: July 15, 2015
Notification of Acceptance: August 3, 2015
Camera Ready Versions: August 16, 2015
* Algorithms, software engineering and development
* System design and implementation
* Testing (software engineering; penetration; product development)
* Encryption (all aspects)
* Firewall, access control, identity management
* Experiments of using security solutions and proof-of-concepts
* Large-scale simulations in the Cloud, Big Data and Internet of Things
* Intrusion and detection techniques
* Social engineering and ethical hacking: techniques and case studies
* Risk Modeling, business process modeling and analytics
* Trust and privacy
* Data security, data recovery, disaster recovery
* Data center management
* Adoption challenges and recommendation
* Risk management and control
* Business and economic models
* Change management and continuous service improvement
* Information systems related issues
* Conceptual frameworks and models
* Emerging issues and recommendations for organizational security
* E-Commerce and online banking
* Social network analysis, emerging issues in social networks
* Education and e-Learning
* Surveys and their quantitative analysis
* Architecture (technical or organizational)
* Case studies
The focus of this workshop is to present new techniques, demonstrations, innovative approaches and case studies related to Enterprise Security. The impacts of research contributions are as follows.
- Explain how to implement enterprise security and their added values.
- Demonstrate how enterprise security can be used in different case studies.
- Describe how to resolve challenges in each adoption scenario.
- Provide reproducible steps for anyone to follow, and support reproducibility, an important aspect in Cloud Computing science.
- Explain how their Cloud services can work effectively in production and real-time
- Present how their services can make contributions to users involved in the use of Cloud services and adoption.
- Sum up and disseminate all the lessons learned and recommendation to play an influential role in academia and industry.
All presented papers will be undertaken with a double-blind review process, and extended versions of the workshop papers will be likely to be published in a special issue: Enterprise Security, International Journal of Organizational and Collective Intelligence (IJOCI) and Open Journal of Big Data (OJBD). We plan to set up a special issue with leading journals for top paper CloudCom delegate winners. A Cloud security book by Springer edited by the main chair will be available for workshop/conference delegates. We have a special section in International Journal of Information Management (IJIM). The best paper based on the review maybe invited to submit one article. Please submit your papers on EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=es20150
Please visit our social media websites:
We look forward to receiving your papers and meeting you in Vancouver!
More information about the ecoop-info