[ecoop-info] CFP- Workshop CrossCloud'16 @ EuroSys'16
Thomas.Ledoux at mines-nantes.fr
Tue Nov 24 17:32:00 CET 2015
[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this email]
============================ Call for Papers ==========================
The 3rd Workshop on CrossCloud Infrastructures &
Collocated with European Conference on Computer Systems
April 18-21, 2016 - London, UK
CrossCloud is an international workshop series that aims to bring to
light several issues related to cross-cloud systems: cloud federation,
multi-cloud architectures, cross-cloud applications, and hybrid clouds.
CrossCloud aims to attract researchers from both academia and industry
to share and discuss their recent research and experiences in designing
and operating multiple cloud systems. Work in this area extends over
various topics including cross-cloud resource management, monitoring,
service migration, API interoperability, portability, policy
enforcement, benefit–cost analysis, and fault mitigation.
TOPICS OF INTERESTS
Authors are encouraged, but not limited, to cover the following topics:
- Cross-cloud systems: resource management across multiple clouds
(e.g., load balancing, performance optimization, security and privacy
- Containers and Virtual Machine (VM) management across several cloud
infrastructures (e.g., VM placement and migration).
- Micro-services: system design, monitoring and management using
containers and/or microkernels to achieve cloud provider independence.
- Cross-Cloud agility: dynamic application deployment across multiple
cloud platforms, flexibility in moving between different providers and
- Hybrid cloud infrastructures management: public and private clouds,
heterogeneous cloud systems, cloud and cluster/grid systems.
- Cloud-bursting: workload offloading, multi-cloud resource scheduling
- Cross-cloud SDKs and APIs: design, maintenance, support and
- Application portability: priorities, restrictions and lock-in
mitigation techniques and measures.
- API interoperability: study cases and experiences with data and
- Interoperability between managed services (e.g., MapReduce, DB,
message queues, etc.).
- Decision support systems: efficient and open application deployment
and monitoring across different cloud platforms and providers, cloud
brokerage as a means of complexity outsourcing.
- Scalable multi-cloud monitoring: monitoring among different cloud
environments, relevant metrics at the different levels of the stack
(e.g., network access), monitoring overhead analysis.
- Experiences: assembling and (re)deploying in heterogeneous
multi-cloud environments, costs and benefits of cross-cloud management
and deployment, challenges in existing cross-cloud platforms, case
studies on building or federating multi-cloud systems.
- Cross-Cloud security: identity and access management across
infrastructure boundaries, reconciling application security and privacy
requirements across multiple SLAs.
Paper submission: February 8, 2016
Author notification: February 29, 2016
EuroSys Grant application: March 11, 2016
Camera-ready version: March 21, 2016
All deadline times are Anywhere on Earth.
We solicit two types of submissions: (1) technical papers (max 6
double-column pages), and (2) posters (max 2 double-column pages).
Each submission will receive at least 3 single-blind peer reviews.
Authors of technical papers are also encouraged to prepare a poster to
be displayed in a joint poster session on the workshop day.
JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE
Like in the former editions of the workshop, authors of the best
technical papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their
work to the Springer Open Journal of Internet Services and Applications
thematic series on cross-cloud computing (JISA-CCC).
General and Technical Program Co-Chairs:
Yehia Elkhatib (Lancaster University, UK)
Mohamed Faten Zhani (École de Technologie Supérieure, Canada)
Gordon S. Blair (Lancaster University, UK)
Raouf Boutaba (University of Waterloo, Canada)
Renato Cerqueira (IBM Research, Brazil)
Wouter Joosen (iMinds-Distrinet, KU Leuven, Belgium)
James Hadley (Lancaster University, UK)
Liang Wang (Cambridge University, UK)
CrossCloudRsrch at gmail.com
More information about the ecoop-info