[ecoop-info] Lecture/Senior Lecturer Positions in Software Engineering

David Pearce David.Pearce at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Thu Oct 8 23:37:42 CEST 2015

Hi all,

The School of Engineering and Computer Science at Victoria University of
Wellington (New Zealand’s top ranked research University) seeks to make
two permanent (i.e. tenured) appointments at the Lecturer or Senior
Lecturer level to deliver a wide range of software engineering courses.
  In particular, the successful candidates will be contributing to our
new taught-Masters programmes.

Our department already has a range of expertise in Software Engineering
and delivers a number of courses as part of the Software Engineering
major in our Bachelor of Engineering.  We have also have a strong
programming languages group, including expertise in type theory, formal
methods, software engineering and related backgrounds.  The successful
candidate is expected to have a PhD in a relevant area, such as Software
Engineering or Computer Science.

This is an exciting opportunity for an early to mid-career academic to
become associated with a top ranked university intent upon growing its
engineering programme, increasing student numbers and expanding our
internationally significant research.  A successful candidate will be
encouraged to participate in curriculum development, achieve excellence
in research and demonstrate best practice in teaching.

The deadline for submissions is November 10th and 16th (respectively)
and you can find more information here:

http://www.victoria.ac.nz/about/careers/current-vacancies

Look for position 788 and 789 and, I'm rather embarrassed to say, you
unfortunately need to use IE or Safari to view them.

Thanks,

David J. Pearce

--
Senior Lecturer in Computer Science,
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Victoria University of Wellington,
PO Box 600,
Wellington,
New Zealand.