[ecoop-info] Call for Papers - ACM Workshop SecDef 2017

Gunes Kayacik gunes.kayacik at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 23:02:35 CET 2016

Call for Papers - ACM Workshop SecDef 2017

[ Our apologies for cross-posting ]

Dear Colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the fourth ACM Workshop on Genetic and
Evolutionary Computation in Defense, Security, and Risk Management
(SecDef’2017) will be held in conjunction with the ACM Genetic and
Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) in Berlin, Germany, July 15-19,
2017.

With the constant appearance of new threats, research in the areas of
defense, security and risk management has acquired an increasing importance
over the past few years. These new challenges often require innovative
solutions and computational intelligence techniques can play a significant
role in finding them.

We invite completed or ongoing work, with the aim to encourage
communication between active researchers and practitioners to better
understand the current scope of efforts within genetic and evolutionary
computation on defense, security and risk. The ultimate goal is to
understand, discuss, and help set future directions for our community.
Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into or are related to one
or multiple topic areas listed below:

Security:
- Intrusion Detection
- Anomaly Detection
- Signature-Based Detection
- Behavior Monitoring
- Network Traffic Analysis
- System Data Analysis
- Application Data Analysis
- Attack Prevention and Defense Systems
- Threat Forecasting Systems
- Anti Spam and/or Antivirus Systems
- Bring Your Own Device
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Advanced Persistent Threats

Defense:
- Design of Military Systems and Sub-Systems
- Logistics and Scheduling of Military Operations
- Strategic Planning and Tactical Decision Making
- Logistics and Scheduling of Military Operations
- Examining Trade-offs in Military and Counter-Terrorism Procedures
- Automated Discovery of Tactics and Procedures for Military and Defense
Systems
- Cyber Warfare
- Cyber Fraud
Risk:
- Identification, Prevention, Monitoring, and Handling of Risks
- Risk Impact and Probability Estimation Systems
- Contingency Plans,
- Real Time Risk Management
- Policy Management

The submission deadline is March 15, 2017. A detailed description of the
workshop and submission instructions may be found at:
https://projects.cs.dal.ca/projectx/secdef2017/callforpapers.html

We look forward to receiving your papers and meeting you at the conference!

Best regards,

Anna I. Esparcia-Alcázar, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Gunes Kayacik, Qualcomm Research Silicon Valley, USA
Frank W. Moore, University of Alaska Anchorage, USA
Nur Zincir-Heywood, Dalhousie University, Canada