[ecoop-info] Call for Workshops - The 14th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2016)
moha.naouel at uqam.ca
Wed Feb 24 15:48:54 CET 2016
Call for workshops
The 14th International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2016)
October 10-13, 2016, Banff, Alberta, Canada
The 14th International Conference on Service Oriented Computing invites
proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with the main
conference. The workshop program seeks to provide venues for specialist
groups to meet, to generate focused discussion on specific sub-areas
within Service Oriented Computing and to engage in community-building
activities. The workshops should provide a discussion forum for
researchers in topics related to main theme of the conference, either on
specific research themes or in emerging areas of research.
The workshops will be held on 10 October 2016 at the Alberta, Canada.
Workshop Proposal Submission Deadline: 11 April 2016
Workshop Acceptance Notification: 08 May 2016
Workshop Notification Deadline: 14 August 2016
Early Registration Deadline: 15 August 2016
Camera Ready Paper & Copyright: 30 August 2016
Workshops: 10 October 2016
Workshop organizers will be responsible for the following:
* Constituting the workshop program committee
* Advertising the workshop
* Managing the paper review and selection process
* Ensuring that at least one author of each accepted paper attends to
present the paper (this may require announcing regulations that
stipulate this as a prerequisite for the publication of the paper in the
* Ensuring that the workshop delivers useful scholarly ⁄ research value
via active discussion / debate.
* Workshops may be held for a full day or for half a day.
* At least one author for each paper accepted to a workshop will need to
register for the workshop program.
The conference solicits outstanding original research and practice
papers on all aspects of service-oriented computing. Papers should
clearly demonstrate the research or practical contribution, the
relevance to the field, and the relationship to prior work. Submitted
papers will be evaluated according to their rigor, significance,
originality, technical quality, and exposition. All papers will be
reviewed by at least three members of the program committee.
It is likely that, as in previous years, the post-proceedings of the
accepted workshops will be jointly published as a Springer volume. A
formal proposal to Springer will only be made after the accepted
workshops and their program committees are finalized. Workshops
organizers can opt out of the volume should they wish to; a decision on
this is required at workshop submission stage for planning purposes.
Working notes of the workshops (including papers to be eventually
published in the joint workshop volume) will be printed locally for
distribution on the workshop day.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS
Workshop proposal shall be submitted to workshop co-chairs at wc AT
icsoc DOT org and should include the following information:
* Workshop title
* Name, affiliation, postal and e-mail addresses of each (proposed)
* A brief (1-page) CV of each (proposed) workshop chair, highlighting
prior experience in organizing similar fora
* A brief description of the topic of the workshop and its relevance to
the conference (not exceeding 500 words)
* Proposed duration of the workshop (full-day or half-day)
* A list of likely program committee members
* A description of the paper review and selection process (it is
recommended that each paper is reviewed by 3 distinct members of the
workshop program committee)
* An estimate of the number of submissions that will be attracted on the
basis of workshops held in previous years or any other information.
* Plans for invited talks if any.
* A commitment as to whether or not the workshop organizers would like
the post proceedings to appear in Springer together with the other
* Any further information deemed relevant, e.g., previous workshops held
on similar themes.
ICSOC-2016 WORKSHOP CHAIRS
* Khalil Drira, French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS),
* Hongbing Wang, Southeast University, China
* Qi Yu, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
email: wc at icsoc.org <mailto:wc at icsoc.org>
More information about the ecoop-info