[ecoop-info] CFP - JOT special issue on New Object-Oriented Languages (Due 1 May 2016)

James Noble kjx at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Fri Feb 26 08:58:32 CET 2016

We are pleased to announce a Call for Papers to be published in the
special issue of The Journal of Object Technology (http://www.jot.fm/)
on the subject of New Object-Oriented Languages.

We particularly invite authors of NOOL 2015 papers and those who
attended the workshop submit papers, but we are also interested in any
papers on the design and implementation of new(ish) object oriented
languages and systems.  We invite technical papers, case studies, and
surveys in the following areas:

Theory: Including core definition of object oriented programming,
semantic models and methodology.

Languages: New object oriented languages, extensions to conventional
languages, and existing languages.

Implementation: Including architectural support, compilation and
interpretation, and special techniques.

Tools and Environments: Including livecoding, user interfaces,
utilities and operating system support.

Applications: Commercial, educational, and scientific applications
that exploit object oriented programming.

Related Work: The object oriented paradigm in other fields such as
databases and operating systems.

Any relationship between this CFP and the OOPSLA-86 conference CFP is
purely intentional. - https://www.computer.org/csdl/mags/co/1986/01/01663031.pdf

Guidelines about author instructions and about JOT special sections
can be found at http://www.jot.fm/authors.html.  Please read and
follow these instructions carefully.

Your extended paper will be subject to a full review process with
reviewers being a superset of the NOOL 2015 PC. Accepted papers should
be of “journal quality” – that is, they should describe mature and
complete results, rather than work in progress. The papers should aim
to be up to 25 pages in length and are due 1 May 2016

We encourage authors who are considering submitting papers to this
special issue to contact the editors for advice on the suitability and
preparation of their articles.