[ecoop-info] 6 days to deadline - CFP: Springer Annals of telecommunications Journal - SI on "Wireless and Mobile Sensing Technology for the Future Internet"
d.ouahid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:56:39 CET 2016
Please find below a call for papers for the Special Issue of the Springer
Annals of telecommunications Journal on “Wireless and Mobile Sensing
Technology for the Future Internet”
Please accept our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this
announcement due to cross posting.
*Annals of telecommunications Journal*
Impact Factor: 0.699, published by Springer, indexed in ISI and Scopus
*CALL FOR PAPERS*
*Special Issue on*
*Wireless and Mobile Sensing Technology for the Future Internet*
Advances in wireless technologies have transformed our societies and have
become an integral part of how people live and conduct business. Moreover,
many of the portable computation and communication devices and personal
electronic gadgets have become loaded with a variety of sensing circuitry
to improve user interaction and enable context aware operation. These
wireless and mobile sensing devices integrate human with their environment
more than we ever thought possible. Internetworking of wireless and mobile
sensing devices constitutes the concept of the future internet or the
internet of things, where a large heterogeneous set of these devices are
closely coupled to enable an intelligent management of many aspects of our
daily activities. Example applications include environmental monitoring,
health-care, smart-home, smart-grids, and smart-cities The networking of
these devices not only provides a flexible and robust information gathering
platform, but also greatly improves the reliability and efficiency of
contemporary manufacturing, scientific and military systems. The objective
of this special issue is to report on the latest research
results and exciting developments on Wireless and Mobile Sensing Technology
in the Future Internet (WMSTFI). Topics of interest include but are not
· WMSTFI architectures, protocols, and algorithms.
· Integration and coexistence strategies of heterogeneous wireless
· Data management in WMSTFI.
· WMSTFI performance, simulation, modeling and case studies.
· Security and safety issues.
· New applications for WMSTFI.
· WMSTFI prototypes and test-beds.
· Mobility Management in WMSTFI.
· Power-Aware, Low-Power and Energy-Efficient Designs.
· QoS Management and Quality-of-Service Issues.
· MAC layer design for wireless sensor networks and WMSTFI.
· Developments platforms and tool support for WMSTFI.
· Integration of RFID and wireless sensor networks.
· Integration of IP6-based wireless sensor networks with
· Integration of cloud-based platforms with WMSTFI.
· WMSTFI for smart applications.
· Participatory sensing and crowd sourcing
· Machine-to-Machine communications
§ *Abdelouahid Derhab*, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
§ *Mohamed Guerroumi*, USTHB University, Algeria
§ *Mohamed Younis*, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
All papers must be submitted at the Editorial manager site
https://www.editorialmanager.com/ante/. A guide for authors in preparing
their papers is available at
During the submission process authors should identify that the paper is for
the special issue “Wireless & Mobile Sensing Techno”.
• Manuscript submission January 10, 2016
• First Decision Notification April 10, 2016
• Revised Paper Submission June 10, 2016
• Final Decision August 10, 2016
• Final Manuscript Due September 10, 2016
• Online with DOI As soon as accepted
• Printed issue January-June 2017
Dr. Abdelouahid Derhab | Assistant Professor
Center of Excellence in Information Assurance (CoEIA)
Phone (+966) 1 469 7350
Fax (+966) 1 469 6452
P.O Box 92144 ~ Riyadh 11653
CoEIA web site: http://coeia.edu.sa, King Saud University web site:
King Saud University
More information about the ecoop-info