[ecoop-info] CfP: Adaptive Computing (and Agents) for Enhanced Collaboration (ACEC) @ IEEE WETICE 2016

Giacomo Cabri giacomo.cabri at unimore.it
Mon Jan 25 22:02:28 CET 2016

Call for Papers

14th Adaptive Computing (and Agents) for Enhanced Collaboration (ACEC) @
IEEE WETICE2016
June 13 - 16, 2016 Paris, France
http://acec.portals.mbs.ac.uk/

*** Overview ***

The autonomy and intelligence of software agents have greatly enhanced
automation in many operational domains. A major benefit of using agents
is the ability to assist in the collaboration among humans and software
mechanisms, alike. Agent-enacted collaboration can be extremely helpful
in areas such as Computer Supported Collaborative Work, Workflow and
Supply Chain Management, Automation in Virtual Enterprises, and
Automated Distributed Component Composition.

The forthcoming 14th episode of the Agent-based Computing for Enterprise
Collaboration (ACEC) will concentrate on two main themes:

# Adaptive and Agent-based Services

# Agent-based Techniques for Organizational/Enterprise Use of Emerging
Web Paradigms (Cloud, Crowd-Sourcing, Mobile Apps)

These two themes represent important areas where software agents can
leverage their distributed nature along with their proactive and
autonomous characteristics to provide solutions for complex problems
which are difficult to address using traditional/existing technologies.
With the popularity and pervasiveness of services in the emerging
digital world, enterprises must carefully evaluate how to make their
services openly accessible. Furthermore, it is important for enterprises
to learn how to exploit the services of others while taking into account
the unexpected circumstances and changing scenarios, which frequently
occur in business ecosystems.

In both of these (above given) contexts, software agents can play an
important role. In this respect, ACEC 2016 intends to bring together
researchers and practitioners to discuss the key issues, approaches,
open problems, innovative applications, and trends in this research
area. We enthusiastically solicit papers that address agent mediation
and management of services and/or products of on-line businesses.

*** Topics ***

Topics of interests include but are not limited to:
·Adaptive and/or agent-mediated workflow, supply chain, or virtual
enterprises
·Methodologies, languages and tools to support agent collaboration
·Agent architectures and infrastructures for dynamic collaboration
·Adaptive and/or Agent-based service architectures and infrastructures
·Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based on agents
·Services for dynamic agent collaboration
·Agent-to-Human service interactions
·Autonomous, Adaptive and/or Agent-mediated service integration
·Organizational and enterprise systems that leverage Web 2.0
·Adaptive and Agent-mediated cloud environments

*** Important Dates ***

Deadline for paper submission: February 15, 2016
Decision to paper authors:  March 28, 2016
Camera Ready papers due to IEEE: April 11, 2016
25th IEEE WETICE-2016 conference: 13 - 16 June 2016

*** Paper Submission ***

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wetice2016

Accepted papers will be published in IEEE proceedings.
--