[ecoop-info] SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop @ SPLASH'16

Tijs van der Storm storm at cwi.nl
Mon Jul 4 09:38:15 CEST 2016

SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop @ SPLASH'16
Amsterdam, The Netherlands (part of SPLASH 2016)
Tuesday, November 1st, 2016

http://2016.splashcon.org/track/splash-2016-plmw

We are pleased to invite students interested in programming languages to
the Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop (PLMW) at SPLASH. The goal of
this workshop is to introduce senior undergraduate and early graduate
students to research topics in programming languages as well as provide
career mentoring advice. We have recruited leaders from the programming
languages community to provide overviews of current research topics and
give students valuable advice about how to thrive in graduate school,
search for a job, and cultivate habits and skills that will help them in
research careers.

This workshop is part of the activities surrounding SPLASH, and takes place
the day before the main conference.  A key goal of the workshop is to make
SPLASH more accessible to newcomers.

Through the generous donation of our sponsors, we are able to provide
travel scholarships to fund student participation. These travel
scholarships will cover reasonable travel expenses (airfare and hotel) for
attendance at both the workshop and the following main three days of SPLASH.

The workshop is open to all. Students with alternative sources of funding
for their travel and registration fees are welcome. In particular, many
student attendance programs provide full or partial travel funding for
students to attend SPLASH 2016.  More information about student attendance
programs at SPLASH is available here:

http://2016.splashcon.org/attending/students

Application for Travel Support:

The travel funding application is available from the PLMW webpage. The
deadline for full consideration of funding is August 15th, 2016. Selected
participants will be notified by September 1st.

Organizers:

Sandrine Blazy, University of Rennes 1
Ulrik Pagh Schultz, University of Southern Denmark