[ecoop-info] Call for Participation: ARVI COST Summer School on Runtime Verification 2016

Christian Colombo christian.colombo at um.edu.mt
Wed May 11 14:05:21 CEST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to announce the first edition of the ARVI COST Summer School
on Runtime Verification: Branches of Practical Topics Rooted in Theory. As
the name suggests, the summer school promises to provide a balance of
theory and practice: In the theoretical aspect, while all the core concepts
will be thoroughly covered, participants will also be exposed to cutting
edge advances in the field. At the same time, the summer school will be
very hands-on and students will follow up with practical work in the
evenings so that by the end of the summer school, participants will have
their own basic runtime verification (RV) tool.

The summer school will be co-located with the 16th International Conference
on Runtime Verification in Madrid and organised over three days with a
series of lectures from international experts in the field. For Ph.D.
students and researchers entering the field of RV, the school will be a
great opportunity to get to know other people working in the area, to meet
distinguished scholars, and to establish contacts that may lead to research
collaborations in the future. For people coming from industry, the school
will provide an exposition of the major challenges as well as possible
solutions to the application of RV in industry, an exposition to the major
tools, as well as the basics of RV tool-building.

Topics:

The basics of runtime verification

Instrumentation techniques

Specification languages

Monitor parametrisation

Monitoring concurrency errors

Performance issues of monitors

Combination of static and dynamic analysis

Monitoring of distributed systems

Time-triggered monitoring

Confirmed Speakers:

> Prof. Wolfgang Ahrendt – Chalmers University of Technology and University
of Gothenburg (Sweden)

> Prof. Ezio Bartocci – University of Vienna (Austria).

> Prof. Borzoo Bonakdarpour – University of MacMaster (Canada).

> Dr. Marius Bozga – CNRS – Vérimag (France).

> Dr. Christian Colombo – University of Malta (Malta).

> Dr. Yliès Falcone – University of Grenoble (France).

> Dr. Adrian Francalanza – University of Malta (Malta).

> Dr. Klaus Havelund – NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (USA).

> Prof. Martin Leucker – University of Lübeck (Germany).

> Prof. Joao Lourenço – Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal).

> Prof. Dejan Nikovic Technical University of Vienna (Austria).

> Prof. Gordon Pace – University of Malta (Malta).

> Dr. Giles Reger – University of Manchester (UK).

Fees:

Registration fee is 195 euros for students and 245 euros for non-students.
Registration includes lunches and coffee breaks from Friday 23rd through
Sunday 25th September, as well as a reception.

Application Procedure and Important Dates:

Deadline for Applications: July 15, 2016.

Response to Applicants: July 20, 2016.

Online Registration and Fee payment: July 29, 2016.

Since attendance is limited, priority will be given to Ph.D. students and
companies' staff.

To express your interest in participating in the Summer School, kindly fill
in this form
<https://docs.google.com/a/um.edu.mt/forms/d/1zb6Y2EXPGW01qRKPYF_-bNOW3oiFh0NwblwlZZNuq-s/viewform>
.

More details can be found at: https://rv2016.imag.fr/?page_id=128.