[ecoop-info] RuleML+RR 2017 Call for Tutorials
franconi at inf.unibz.it
Fri Jan 6 20:03:27 CET 2017
INTERNATIONAL JOINT CONFERENCE ON RULES AND REASONING
CALL FOR TUTORIALS
The first edition of the International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning RuleML+RR 2017 (London, 15-17 July 2017) focuses on theoretical advances, novel technologies, as well as innovative applications concerning knowledge representation and reasoning with rules. Stemming from the synergy between the well-known premier RuleML and RR events, the conference will provide a forum for stimulating cooperation and cross-fertilisation between the many different communities focused on the research, development and applications of rule-based systems.
We solicit proposals for tutorials to be presented at the RuleML+RR 2017 conference.
Tutorials should concern research or application areas fitting the conference scope, and may introduce novices to major topics in the area, introduce experts to a special subarea, motivate and explain a topic of emerging importance, survey a mature area of research and/or practice, present a novel synthesis combining distinct lines of work, introduce the audience to an external topic that can relate to research in the area, mentor researchers (particularly, junior researchers) on a relevant topic.
Tutorial attendance is complimentary for all RuleML+RR 2017 conference registrants.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted via easychair:
Each submission (up to two pages) should include the following information:
• A title.
• An abstract.
• The preferred duration (up to half-day).
• A description that outlines which topics would be covered, and the depth to which they would be covered. If different length options are possible, the proposal should identify which parts would be included for each length.
• A short description of the intended audience and any prerequisite knowledge for attendees.
• A brief biography of the proposed presenter(s), along with contact information.
• If (part of) the tutorial material or an earlier version of it has been presented elsewhere, the proposal should indicate those respective events (and dates), and describe how the current proposal differs from the previous ones.
A two-page extended abstract of the tutorial will be included in the conference proceedings. Tutorial slides are expected to be made available online to conference participants.
Proposal submission: 20 January 2017
Notification: 6 February 2017
Camera-ready due: 24 April 2017
Possible tutorial dates: 12, 13, 14, 15 July 2017
The RuleML+RR 2017 program chairs:
Stefania Costantini (University of L’Aquila, Italy),
Enrico Franconi (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy),
William Van Woensel (Dalhousie University, Canada);
and the RuleML+RR 2017 General Chairs:
Roman Kontchakov (Birkbeck, University of London, UK),
Fariba Sadri (Imperial College London, UK).
More information about the ecoop-info