[ecoop-info] ACM MobiCom'17 S3 Workshop Call for Papers/Posters/Demo
Nguyen, Phuc V
PHUC.V.NGUYEN at UCDENVER.EDU
Fri Jul 7 07:20:22 CEST 2017
The Ninth Wireless of the Students, by the Students, and for the Students (S3) Workshop (ACM S3'17)
In Conjunction with ACM MobiCom 2017 (https://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2017/)
October 20, Snowbird, Utah, USA
The Wireless of the Students, by the Students, and for the Students (S3) Workshop provides a unique venue for graduate students around the world to present, discuss, and exchange ideas on cross cutting research on system and theory aspects of mobile wireless networks. As its name suggests, the workshop is organized by students, and the technical sessions are given by student presenters. The workshop aims at fostering early-career development among students and exposing them to the workings of an academic life. It encourages students to actively participate in the networking research community and offers unique networking opportunities.
Topics covered include, but are not limited to:
* Architectures, protocols, and algorithms in wireless networks.
* Fundamental understanding of mobile computing and wireless networking.
* Pricing of mobile and wireless networks and services.
* Wireless and mobile techniques for delay tolerant, mobile ad hoc, vehicular, and wireless sensor networks.
* Security and privacy of mobile and wireless systems.
* Mobile sensing systems and applications leveraging mobile phones, wearables, robots, quadcopters, crowd-sourcing etc.
* Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing and networking.
* Modeling, measurement and simulation of mobile networks.
* Experimental test-beds for mobile/wireless networks.
* Energy efficiency aspects of mobile systems and wireless networks.
* Systems for location and context sensing and awareness.
* User interfaces, experience, and usability for mobile applications and systems.
* Data management for mobile and wireless systems.
Program Committee Co-Chairs
VP Nguyen<http://mnslab.org/vpnguyen/>, University of Colorado Boulder
Tianxing Li<http://www.cs.dartmouth.edu/~ltx/>, Dartmouth College
Teng Wei<https://twei7.com/>, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Mung Chiang<http://ee.princeton.edu/people/faculty/mung-chiang>, Princeton University
Romit Roy Choudhury<http://croy.web.engr.illinois.edu/>, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Edward Knightly<http://knightly.rice.edu/>, Rice University
Papers should be no longer than 3 pages, including figures and references, in standard ACM conference format. Visit here for details. Submissions will be handled via email. Please email your 3-page submission to s3.mobicom2017 at gmail.com. Cash prizes will be awarded for the best paper. Travel grants may be available for selected participants.
You can also present a poster or demo of your work. Demos and poster submissions should consist of a one-page abstract in the same format describing the demonstration plan or the outline of the poster content. We encourage students with a paper, poster, or demo at ACM MobiCom to present their work at S3 as well.
This session includes a series of short (3-minute madness) talks on crazy ideas in mobile and wireless. We will be awarding a cash prize for the best idea.
Paper submissions due: July 14, 2017 (11:59 PM AoE)
Demo and poster submissions due: July 21, 2017 (11:59 PM AoE)
Notification: August 01, 2017
Camera-ready versions due: August 12, 2017
Please contact VP Nguyen (vp.nguyen at colorado.edu), Tianxing Li (tianxing at cs.dartmouth.edu), or Teng Wei(twei7 at wisc.edu) if you are interested in participating or presenting your work.
More information about the ecoop-info