[ecoop-info] [ACM SenSys 2018] Call for Hosting Proposals
pollyhuang at ntu.edu.tw
Thu May 11 06:24:10 CEST 2017
ACM SenSys 2018 Call for Hosting Proposals
The Steering Committee of ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor
Systems (SenSys, http://sensys.acm.org/ ) calls for proposals on
hosting the 2018 edition of the conference. SenSys is a highly
selective, single-track forum for the presentation of research results
on sensing systems, broadly defined. In addition to the core technical
program, the conference also features poster and demo sessions,
workshops, and a PhD forum. It typically draws ~200 attendees from
universities, industrial, and government organizations around the
The proposals will be considered in two phases. First, we call for
pre-proposals that include:
- Proposed city information, including local natural and cultural attractions.
- A short description of local research and education communities
related to SenSys.
- Expected weather and transportation conditions around early November.
- Type of conference facility in mind: university campus vs hotels.
- Key organizers, such as General Chair and Local Arrangement Chair,
and their experience organizing similar events.
- Any additional information that may help the steering committee to
For entries that generate enough interests, the steering committee
will further solicit full proposals that provide additional
information, such as:
- Possible facility setting, especially space arrangements for main
program, demos and posters, and workshops.
- Attendee cost estimate, such as hotel rate and transportation options.
- Social functions, such as reception and banquet options.
- Potential financial supports or risks. There is no geographical
preference on locations.
Proposals from all regions are encouraged to submit. Key dates:
- Deadline for pre-proposals: June 9, 2017.
- Notification for full proposal requests: June 26, 2017
- Deadline for full proposals: July 17, 2016
- Location announcement: business meeting at SenSys 2017
Please send pre-proposals to akos.ledeczi at vanderbilt.edu
More information about the ecoop-info