[ecoop-info] Lecturer in Computer Science at Aston University (2 posts)

Bencomo, Nelly n.bencomo at aston.ac.uk
Tue Oct 31 01:51:50 CET 2017

Dear colleagues,

We are recruiting at Aston! The Computer Science Department is growing and we are hiring two (2) new lecturers to start early next year.

If you are a potential candidate read the info at the end of this email or spread the word!

Best Regards,
Nelly
Nelly Bencomo
Lecturer in Computer Science – Aston  University, UK
Higher Education Academy (HEA) Fellow
email: nelly at acm.org
http://www.nellybencomo.me
BLOG https://womandacademic.wordpress.com/
ALICE: Aston Lab for Intelligent Collectives Engineering
http://alice.aston.ac.uk/

Address:  School of Engineering and Applied Science, MB211M,  Aston University,  B4 7ET, Birmingham, UK

Lecturer in Computer Science (2 posts)
Engineering & Applied Science
Aston University

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BFD152/lecturer-in-computer-science-2-posts/

Location:       Aston

Hours:  Full Time
Contract Type:  Permanent

Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Thursday 23 November 2017

Interview Date: To be confirmed

We seek to appoint two Lecturers to join a collegiate team of computer scientists. In Computer Science we deliver distinctive programmes at undergraduate and masters levels that achieve some of the highest employability rates for CS graduates in the UK. Our research expertise includes AI, robotics, machine learning, natural language processing, HCI, digital health and software engineering, often spanning discipline boundaries.

You will have a PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline. We are particularly interested in candidates with expertise in cyber security, software engineering or HCI but we welcome applicants with expertise in any area of Computer Science.

Your teaching duties may include the design and delivery of theory and practice-based modules at undergraduate and masters levels, for both conventional on-campus and degree apprenticeship programmes. You will also be expected to make significant contributions to our research, including the attraction of PhD students and external research funding.

Aston University is committed to the principles of the Athena SWAN Charter www.ecu.ac.uk/equality-charter-marks/athena-swan, recognised recently by a prestigious Silver Award to EAS, and we pride ourselves on our vibrant, friendly and supportive working environment and collaborative atmosphere”.

The proposed starting date is in January 2018, but there is scope for flexibility.

Further particulars and application forms are available in alternative formats on request i.e. large print, Braille, tape or CD Rom.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof. Pete Sawyer, p.sawyer at aston.ac.uk<mailto:p.sawyer at aston.ac.uk>