[ecoop-info] CFP: Understanding, Mitigating, and Utilizing Human Induced Structural Responses at 7WCSCM
peizhang at cmu.edu
Wed Sep 6 10:43:37 CEST 2017
I'd like to invite you to contribute your paper to a special session
Mitigating, and Utilizing Human Induced Structural Responses*" at the 7th
World Conference on Structural Control and Monitoring (7WCSCM), (
*Abstract deadline: **Oct/1/2017* (if accepted, full paper is due
This special session invites papers investigating the topic of human
induced structural responses. This session focuses on algorithms, theory,
modeling, implementation, evaluation, and deployment experiences for
control and monitoring of human induced structural responses, using
mechanics, structural dynamics, human-in-the-loop, signal processing,
machine learning, and/or social sensors.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to,
- Innovative applications for human-centric smart structures.
- Sensing of humans or animals using structural responses and/or built
- Understanding and modeling of humans or animals impact on buildings and
- Analysis of every day and/or extreme activities of humans in the
- Improve the performance through mitigating the human effects,
- Enabling human-centric structure management to improve human comfort and
The *abstract deadline *is* 10/1/2017* (note: it is an extended deadline),
and if the abstract is accepted, the full paper deadline is February 15,
2018. You can submit through the following website: http://smc.hit.edu.cn
/wcscm2018/8169/list.htm. Please choose the *special session ID: SS30* during
The 7WCSCM will be held in Qingdao, China from July 22-25, 2018. It is a
premier conference held every four years, aiming at promoting advanced
structural control and monitoring technology for a variety of civil,
mechanical, aerospace, and energy systems.
Looking forward to receiving your contribution. Thank you!
Pei and Haeyoung
More information about the ecoop-info