[ecoop-info] PhD Position in Software Engineering - University of Lille

Clément Quinton clement.quinton at univ-lille.fr
Sun Apr 8 22:25:27 CEST 2018

The Spirals research team (University of Lille/Inria, https://team.inria.fr/spirals/ <https://team.inria.fr/spirals/>) is looking for candidates for a PhD position in Software Engineering.

Research topics include, but are not limited to:
- self-adaptation
- machine learning
- evolution
- verification

Abstract:
Self-adaptive systems are meant to adapt at run time in reaction to context changes. This adaptation logic is defined
at design time by software developers. However, anticipating during design time all possible context changes that may
occur at run time is not possible due to the uncertainty inherent, among others, to complex, distributed and variable
run time environments. In addition, it is also challenging to predict how these systems will evolve over time, thus changing
their adaptation capabilities. In this thesis, we aim at proposing novel approaches for taming uncertainty and complexity
in evolving self-adaptive systems. In particular, we investigate several research directions, including learning techniques
and optimization mechanisms.

For further details, please consult the following link:
http://researchers.lille.inria.fr/cquinton/thesis.pdf <http://researchers.lille.inria.fr/cquinton/thesis.pdf>

If interested, please contact:
Dr. Clément Quinton, clement.quinton at univ-lille.fr <mailto:clement.quinton at univ-lille.fr>,
Prof. Lionel Seinturier lionel.seinturier at univ-lille.fr <mailto:lionel.seinturier at univ-lille.fr>