[ecoop-info] CFP: ICSME 2018 Tool Demo Track
Eleni.CONSTANTINOU at umons.ac.be
Mon Apr 23 15:29:37 CEST 2018
ICSME 2018: 34th International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution
September 23-29, 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS - TOOL DEMO TRACK (https://icsme2018.github.io/cfp/ToolDemoTrackCFP.html)
The ICSME 2018 Tool Demonstration track represents a unique opportunity for practitioners and researchers alike to present and discuss novel software maintenance and evolution tools.
We welcome submissions for tools ranging from research prototypes to industry-strength mature tools. We also encourage submissions that accompany papers from the Research Paper track. While research papers describe the foundation for a proposed approach, a tool demo paper describes the incarnation of the approach in a tool with a focus on the tool's architecture and implementation, the intended usage scenarios, and its evaluation with respect to these scenarios.
Accepted papers will be published as part of the conference proceedings.
Each Tool Demo submission will be evaluated by at least three members of the program committee. The evaluation criteria include:
1. Relevance of the proposed tool to the ICSME community
2. Clear motivation behind the tool including typical usage scenarios
3. The novelty of the proposed tool and/or its architecture
4. Technical soundness of the tool
5. Intrinsic/extrinsic evaluation of the tool
6. Consideration of the relevant literature
7. Presentation quality and originality of the paper and its accompanying video
Submissions for the Tool Demo track must satisfy the following criteria:
1. Describe a tool, according to the above guidelines, that is within scope of the conference's software maintenance and evolution topics. Please refer to the CFP (https://icsme2018.github.io/cfp/ResearchTrackCFP.html) of the conference's Research Track for examples.
2. Adhere to the ICSME 2018 formatting instructions (https://icsme2018.github.io/cfp/formatting-instructions.html).
3. Be submitted as PDF to the Tool Demo track via Easy Chair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icsme2018).
4. Not exceed 5 pages: 4 pages for the content + 1 page for references only.
5. Be accompanied by a link to a 3-to-5 minutes video that shows a typical usage scenario of the tool. The video can be made available via YouTube or on the tool's website.
6. Need not be blinded (i.e., authors will remain visible to the reviewers). This to facilitate reporting on characteristics such as the tool's ecosystem, community support, etc.
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to give a presentation at the conference. At least one author should be present. The presentation should include either a live or a recorded tool demonstration.
IMPORTANT DATES (Submissions close at 23:59 AoE)
Abstract submission: May 20th, 2018
Paper submission: May 27th, 2018
Author notification: June 24th, 2018
Camera ready submission: July 15th, 2018
Early Bird Registration: July 15th, 2018
More information about the ecoop-info