[ecoop-info] 2nd Call for Papers: RuleML+RR 2018
amal.tawakuli at uni.lu
Fri Feb 2 13:38:03 CET 2018
RuleML+RR 2018 SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS
RuleML+RR 2018: International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning
Part of Luxembourg Logic for AI Summit (LuxLogAI, https://luxlogai.uni.lu)
== SUMMARY ==
High-quality papers related to theoretical advances, novel technologies, and innovative applications concerning knowledge representation and reasoning with rules are solicited.
== THE CONFERENCE ==
The International Joint Conference on Rules and Reasoning (RuleML+RR) is the leading international joint conference in the field of rule-based reasoning. Stemming from the synergy between the well-known RuleML and RR events, one of the main goals of this conference is to build bridges between academia and industry.
RuleML+RR 2018 aims to bring together rigorous researchers and inventive practitioners, interested in the foundations and applications of rules and reasoning in academia, industry, engineering, business, finance, healthcare and other application areas. It will provide a forum for stimulating cooperation and cross-fertilization between the many different communities focused on the research, development and applications of rule-based systems.
RuleML+RR 2018 will take place in Luxembourg on September 18th-21th 2018
and will be part of the Luxembourg Logic for AI Summit (LuxLogAI) "Methods and Tools for Responsible AI", bringing together RuleML+RR 2018, DecisionCAMP 2018, the Reasoning Web Summer School (RW 2018), and
the Global Conference on Artificial Intelligence (GCAI 2018).
== TOPICS ==
RuleML+RR welcomes original research from all areas of Rules and Reasoning.
Topics of particular interest include:
* Rule-based languages for intelligent information access and for the semantic web
* Vocabularies, ontologies, and business rules
* Ontology-based data access
* Data management, and data interoperability for web data
* Distributed agent-based systems for the web
* Scalability and expressive power of logics for the semantic web
* Reasoning with incomplete, inconsistent and uncertain data
* Non-monotonic, common-sense, and closed-world reasoning for web data
* Non-classical logic and the Web
* Constraint programming
* Logic programming
* Production & business rules systems
* Streaming data and complex event processing
* Rules for machine learning, knowledge extraction and information retrieval
* Rule-based approaches to natural language processing
* Rule discovery, extraction and transformation
* Rules and ontology learning
* Deep Learning for rules and ontologies
* Neural Networks and logic rules
* Neural Networks and ontologies
* Rule-based approaches to agents
* Higher-order and modal rules
* Rules for knowledge graphs
* Pragmatic web reasoning and distributed rule inference / rule execution
* Big data reasoning with rules
* Rule markup languages and rule interchange formats
* Rule-based policies, reputation, and trust
* Scalability and expressive power of logic for rules
* System descriptions, applications and experiences
* Rules and human language technology
* Rules in online market research and online marketing
* Applications of rule technologies in healthcare and life sciences
* Applications of rule technologies in law, regulation and finance
* Industrial applications of rules
* Rules and social media
* Rules of ethics, laws, policies, and regulations
Particularly encouraged are submissions that combine one or several of the above topics with the overall focus theme of the LuxLogAI Summit: Methods and Tools for Responsible AI
== SUBMISSIONS ==
We accept the following submission formats for papers:
* Full papers (up to 15 pages in LNCS style)
* Technical Communications (up to 8 pages in LNCS style)
Submitted full papers should present original and significant research results. They must not substantially overlap with papers that have been published or that are simultaneously submitted to a journal or a conference/workshop with formal proceedings. Double submission to a workshop with informal proceedings is allowed.
Technical communications are intended for promising but possibly preliminary work, position papers, system descriptions, and applications descriptions (which may be accompanied by a demo).
Submissions: via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=rulemlrr2018)
The RuleML+RR 2018 best papers will be invited for rapid publication in the Journal of Theory and Practice of Logic Programming (TPLP).
In addition to regular submissions, RuleML+RR 2018 will host an Industry Track, a Doctoral Consortium and the 12th International Rule Challenge.
== PUBLICATION ==
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (LNCS).
All submissions must be prepared in Springer's LaTeX style LNCS (http://www.springer.com/comp/lncs/authors.html).
== IMPORTANT DATES ==
Title and Abstract submission: 20 Apr 2018
Full papers submission: 27 Apr 2018
Notification of acceptance: 1 June 2018
Camera-ready submission: 15 June 2018
Conference: 18-21 Sept 2018
For each of these deadlines, a cut-off point of 23:59 AOE (anywhere on earth) applies.
== ORGANISATION ==
Summit Chairs (LuxLogAI):
Leon van der Torre, Martin Theobald (U Luxembourg)
General Chair (RuleML+RR):
Xavier Parent (U Luxembourg)
Christoph Benzmüller (U Luxembourg & FU Berlin)
Francesco Ricca (U Calabria)
Dumitru Roman (SINTEF/U Oslo)
Industry Track Chair:
Silvie Spreeuwenberg (LibRT Amsterdam)
Int’l Rule Challenge Chairs:
Giovanni De Gasperis (U L’Aquila)
Adrian Giurca (BTU Cottbus- Senftenberg)
Reasoning Web (RW) Summer School
Claudia d’Amato (U Bari)
Frank Olken (Frank Olken Consulting)
Amal Tawakuli (U Luxembourg)
== PROGRAM COMMITTEE ==
Full list available at: http://2018.ruleml-rr.org
Schéi Gréiss | Mit Freundlichen Grüßen | Meilleures Salutations | With Kind Regards
Big Data and Data Science Research Group - ILIAS Lab - CSC Research Unit
UNIVERSITÉ DU LUXEMBOURG
6, avenue de la Fonte
T +352 46 66 44 9811
amal.tawakuli at uni.lu<https://owa.uni.lu/owa/redir.aspx?C=gqvT-Fo47D-mezquELAKE3Op6ebmaXZ3zIhdOvU3I6pycuhXLAvVCA..&URL=mailto%3amyriam.streff%40uni.lu>
More information about the ecoop-info