[ecoop-info] School on Runtime Verification - March 19-21, in the French Alps
ylies.falcone at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Mon Jan 22 18:48:25 CET 2018
2nd ARVI COST School on Runtime Verification
Sponsored by COST association, Inria, and Persyval-Lab
March 19-21, 2018
Praz sur Arly, in the French Alps
=== Presentation ===
The second edition of the school on Runtime Verification, sponsored by COST Action IC1402 ArVi, Inria, and Persyval-Lab, will provide a balance on theoretical and practical aspects of Runtime Verification: In the theoretical aspect, while all the core concepts will be thoroughly covered, participants will also be exposed to cutting edge advances in the field. At the same time, the summer school will be hands-on and students will follow up with practical work so that by the end of the school, participants will have their own basic runtime verification tool.
For PhD students and researchers entering the field of RV, the school will be a great opportunity to get to know other people working in the area, to meet distinguished scholars, and to establish contacts that may lead to research collaborations in the future. For people coming from industry, the school will provide an exposition of the major challenges as well as possible solutions to the application of RV in industry, an exposition to some of the major tools, as well as the basics of RV tool-building.
=== Confirmed Speakers ===
• Wolfgang Ahrendt (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden).
• Christian Colombo (University of Malta, Malta).
• Alexandre Donze (DECYPHIR Inc., France).
• Adrian Francalanza (University of Malta, Malta).
• Nikolai Kosmatov (CEA, France).
• Martin Leucker (University of Lubeck, Germany).
• Joao Lourenco (University of Lisbon, Portugal).
• Gordon Pace (University of Malta, Malta).
• Laurence Pierre (University of Grenoble, France).
• César Sanchez (IMDEA Madrid, Spain).
• Gerardo Schneider (Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden).
=== Topics ===
• Foundations of runtime verification.
• Monitoring Cyber-Physical Systems.
• Stream Runtime Verification.
• Runtime Verification for concurrency errors.
• Runtime Verification for Decentralised and Distributed Systems.
• Combination of Runtime Verification with Static Analysis.
• Implementation of Runtime Verification Monitor.
• FPGA-based monitoring.
• Hardware monitoring.
More information on the courses is available on the school Website.
=== Fees ===
Fees include participation fees to the winter school, accommodation in a comfortable apartment in the resort hosting the winter school (from Sunday 18 to Wednesday 21), breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
The below fees are indicative and are subject to minor changes. Final fees will be determined by the end of January.
= For Students
• with accommodation in a single room: 540 euro
• with accommodation in a twin room (to be shared with another participant): 420 euro per person
= For non-Students
• with accommodation in a single room: 660 euro
• with accommodation in a twin room (to be shared with another participant): 540 euro per person
=== Registration ===
Registration should be done by filling the form available at
After filling the form, a link to the registration Website will be later sent to the participants for fee payment. The school can only welcome a limited number of participants. A first come first served policy will be applied once the maximum capacity of school is reached.
=== Student Grants ===
A limited number of grants will be available to students conducting research in countries participating to the COST action. The amount of a grant will be approximately 200 euro. Students willing to apply to the grant should indicate in the registration form how attending the school will support their research on runtime verification.
=== Location ===
Praz sur Arly in the Pays du Mont-Blanc is an ideal spot for holidays and a peaceful working environment. Nestled in the heart of the Savoyard Departments, with easy access, this authentic village offers very varied scenery with spectacular views of the Mont Blanc range. The resort puts on its white mantle and offers a vast choice of activities, starting with skiing and other snow sports. It is situated at the beginning of the Espace Diamant domain which connects 6 resorts and offers 185 km of pistes! Praz sur Arly is the French commune with the most AOC cheeses: six in all (4 AOC : Beaufort, Reblochon, Abondance and Chevrotin, 2 IGP: Tomme and Savoy Emmental). We still have many working farms where you can discover our past heritage.
=== Venue ===
Club Belambra “L’Alisier”
476 route du Val d’Arly
+33(0)4 50 21 91 02
More information on the venue and how to reach it is available on the school Website.
=== Enquiries ===
Enquiries should be sent to Ylies DOT Falcone AT inria DOT fr.
More information about the ecoop-info