[ecoop-info] DChanges 2018 - Workshop on (Document) Changes: Modeling, Detection, Storage and Visualization

Axel Soto axel.soto at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 22:26:01 CET 2018

DChanges 2018 - 5th International Workshop on (Document) Changes:
Modeling, Detection, Storage and Visualization

http://diff.cs.unibo.it/dchanges2018/

Part of 18th ACM Symposium on Document Engineering

Halifax, Canada, August 28th, 2018

DChanges 2018: CALL FOR PAPERS
DChanges 2018 is the fifth edition of the International Workshop on
(Document) Changes: Modeling, Detection, Storage and Visualization, held
in conjunction with the 18th ACM SIGWEB International Symposium on
Document Engineering (DocEng 2018). This year, the workshop will take
place in Halifax, Canada, August 28th, 2018.

This year, we would like to focus on collaboration tools for non-textual
documents. Three well known examples are images, videos and audio files.
Other, more specialized types of documents, are, for instance, genetic
sequences.

The development of collaboration tools for non-textual documents requires
a new body of knowledge. Our current definition of "document'' has to be
reviewed, and the technical way in which the analysis of documents is
carried out must also change. Research on these topics is emerging and we
would like to stimulate and promote it even further.

At DChanges, researchers and practitioners discuss and explore the state
of the art in the field of document changes. The aim of the workshop is
the study of changes in all its aspects and applications: algorithms to
detect changes, models to describe changes, techniques to track changes,
tools to understand and manage changes, etc.

We want to look at these topics from different perspectives, and take on
different approaches. The workshop brings together researchers and
practitioners from industry and academia. It is a unique occasion to
discuss these issues in an informal setting and to foster collaboration.

Important Dates

Abstracts (max 200 words) are due: March 18th, 2018
Papers and notes are due: March 22nd, 2018
Acceptance notice: April 25th, 2018
Camera ready: June 15th, 2018
Paper submission
Two types of submissions are possible:

Research papers: 4 pages long, describing original and unpublished research
Application/demo notes: 2-4 pages long, showcasing systems or tools
All papers must conform to the ACM SIG Proceedings format.

Papers must be submitted to the EasyChair site. All submissions will
undergo a rigorous single blind review process.

Proceedings
The proceedings of the workshop will be published in the ACM digital
library.

Themes of DChanges
We seek contributions on, but not necessarily limited to, the following
themes:

Diff and change tracking algorithms
Change modeling and representation
High-level differences
Detecting changes on complex data structures
Detecting changes on trees, graphs, diagrams and any kind of document
Novel approaches to tree-based diff
Edit-distance measures
Quality of deltas and patches
Editing patterns
Semantic diff
Merging
Management of update conflicts
N-way merge algorithms
Propagation of changes
Versioning systems
Versioning
Collaborative editing
Real-time collaborative editing
Distributed collaboration
Refactoring
Use in Digital Humanities
Collation
Text genetics
Stemmatology
Plagiarism detection
Application outside of Software Engineering
Databases
Digital Humanities
Bioinformatics
Genetics
Law and legal documents
Contributions from related areas are also welcome.

Program
The workshop will run a full day. Ample space will be given to peer
discussions and brainstorming about the results of the presentations and
the ideas brought forth by participants.

The list of accepted papers and the program will be available in May.

Organizers
Gioele Barabucci, Universität zu Köln
Uwe M. Borghoff, Universität der Bundeswehr München
Angelo Di Iorio, Università di Bologna
Sonja Schimmler, Universität der Bundeswehr München
Ethan Munson, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
For any question, please contact dchanges at lists.cs.unibo.it.