[ecoop-info] Tenure Track Assistant Professor in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning at Wageningen University
bedir.tekinerdogan at wur.nl
Sun Feb 3 22:19:59 CET 2019
Assistant Professor in Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
The Information Technology (INF) group at Wageningen University is doing research on the topics of smart systems development, and system-of-systems engineering which is primarily centered in the life sciences domain. In this context, we focus on software engineering, data science, and socio-technical systems. With the rapidly increasing impact of Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Machine Learning on the life sciences domain the mission of the INF group has become even more important. In the last years, the group has rapidly grown and developed a solid research agenda on smart systems engineering. To further strengthen our research and education activities, the INF group invites applications for the tenure track assistant professor position in the area of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning.
In a challenging career trajectory, you are responsible for:
• conducting high quality scientific research and publishing in reputed scientific journals;
• acquiring, coordinating and implementing innovative (inter)national research projects in the area of AI/Machine Learning;
• collaborating with colleagues and supervising PhD students, BSc and MSc theses;
• developing and teaching courses in the field of AI/Machine Learning, software engineering, and data science;
• contributing to the further development of the INF group.
Training and coaching are provided to accomplish all of these tasks.
You are an ambitious and enthusiastic scientist devoted to excellence in research and education in the field of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning. Further, you have:
• a PhD degree in computer science/artificial intelligence/machine learning, or a related area;
• a solid background and experience in AI/Machine Learning;
• affinity with software engineering;
• affinity with data science
• proof of independence and international recognition;
• a clear vision on research and project acquisition opportunities;
• experience and interest in working in interdisciplinary teams;
• excellent communication skills and team spirit;
• good didactic qualities and enthusiasm for teaching and working with students.
Wageningen University is an internationally leading institution in the area of life sciences and is part of the 4TU federation, a collaboration of four universities of technology in The Netherlands (https://www.4tu.nl/en/about_4tu/).
According to Times Higher Education ranking, Wageningen University has the rank 59 in 2019. In the Keuzegids Universities 2019 the university ranked as the best university in the Netherlands for the fourteenth time in a row, according to her own students.
The Information Technology Group is one of the chair groups at Wageningen University comprising 12 staff members, 2 post-docs and 17 PhD students. More information about the Information Technology Group can be found at
In 2008 the 14 Dutch universities have agreed on national standards for a University Teaching Qualification (UTQ; in Dutch “BKO”). In addition the Executive Board has decided on a regulation for the UTQ at Wageningen University. The UTQ regulation gives university teachers the time and support they need to develop their teaching skills. The UTQ programme is made up of courses and practical assignments, together with optional peer meetings and coaching. In general teachers are expected to complete the qualification within three years after starting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
For the position of Assistant Professor, we offer a gross salary of € 3637,- to € 5656,- per month, depending on expertise and experience (scale 11 - 12 of the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), including 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end of year remuneration.
For more information about Tenure Track within Wageningen UR look at http://www.wur.nl/UK/work.
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from:
Prof.dr.ir. Bedir Tekinerdogan
E-mail address: bedir.tekinerdogan at wur.nl
Or additional information can be obtained through one of the following links.
• About the organisation
• About the group
Please apply online by uploading your CV and letter of application describing your background and fit to the job description before the 29th of March, 2019 at www.wageningenur.nl/en/Jobs/Vacancies.htm or via Academic Transfer:
More information about the ecoop-info