[ecoop-info] Fewer train delays via formal methods? Exciting PhD position at University of Twente, the Netherlands

Marielle Stoelinga m.i.a.stoelinga at utwente.nl
Mon Mar 18 21:21:00 CET 2019

*Fewer train delays and rail disruptions?  *Come join us to improve the
quality of the design and implementation of railroad elements (e.g.
interlockings and signalling systems), via model checking and model-based
testing.

The University of Twente seeks a PhD candidate on the FormaSig project, a
collaboration between Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), and
railroad asset managers ProRail and Deutsche Bahn.

*We seek *an excellent PhD candidate to work on the FormaSig project. We
aim to improve the reliability of the (Dutch) railroads by deploying model
checking and model-based testing. The scientific core is a novel
combination of model transformation, model checking and model-based
testing. For more information about the position, see here
<https://fmt.ewi.utwente.nl/research/projects/view/FormaSig/>.

*We offer *a fully paid PhD positions, with excellent salary and benefits,
at a very strong and inspiring research department. To apply, see here
<https://www.utwente.nl/en/organization/careers/!/852352/phd-position-for-the-formasig-project-on-verification-of-railroad-systems>
.

*We are *the Formal Methods & Tools at the University of Twente, the
Netherlands. Ranked 1st in the last Dutch National Research Assessment. The
project is led by Dr. Bas Luttik (TU/e), Prof.dr.Marielle Stoelinga and
Prof.dr.ir Arend Rensink. Contact: m.i.a.stoelinga at utwente.nl

or arend.rensink at utwente.nl

--
Prof.dr. Marielle Stoelinga
Professor of risk management for high-tech systems