[ecoop-info] Call for Self-Nominations for the ISSTA 2021 Artifact Evaluation Committee

Manuel Rigger manuel.rigger at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Feb 2 19:49:22 CET 2021

The ISSTA 2021 Artifact Evaluation (AE) seeks self-nominations for
reviewers willing to serve on the AE review committee (AEC). Reviewers
are typically senior Ph.D. students or postdocs and have participated in
the AE process as authors or reviewers - although neither is a hard
requirement. We expect reviewers to review 2-3 artifacts between April
30th, 2021, to June 11th, 2021. More details of the process can be found
at
https://conf.researchr.org/track/issta-2021/issta-2021-artifact-evaluation#Call-for-Artifacts.

Please nominate yourself by submitting the following form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a5XpN1U4hGUKBJHD77F0JIiv8qFCJLfCaxRL_d-56yE,
or forward this information to researchers you believe might be
interested. The deadline for application is February 15th, 2021. Note
that a self-nomination is no guarantee to be invited to serve on the AEC.

We aim for a diverse reviewing committee and especially encourage
members from underrepresented groups in our field to nominate themselves.

The goal of the AE is to foster replicability and reusability.
Replicability refers to researchers or practitioners being able to
validate the paper's results using the provided artifact. Reusability
means that researchers can use the artifact in a different context, for
another use case, or to build on and extend the artifact. Overall, the
artifact evaluation process allows our field to progress by
incentivizing and supporting authors to make their artifacts openly
available and improve their quality. See the ACM guidelines on Artifact
Review and Badging Version:
https://www.acm.org/publications/policies/artifact-review-and-badging-current.

In case of any open questions, feel free to reply to
issta21-artifacts at googlegroups.com.

Martin Nowack and Manuel Rigger
ISSTA 2021 AEC Chairs