[ecoop-info] assistant/associate professor in formal methods and programming, at University of Twente

m.huisman at utwente.nl m.huisman at utwente.nl
Wed Jun 30 16:15:26 CEST 2021

The Formal Methods and Tools (FMT) group of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) of the University of Twente is looking for an Assistant/Associate Professor in the area of formal methods and programming.

You will teach in - and contribute to the degree programmes of Computer Science and Creative Technology, and you will participate in the teaching program of specialized courses related to Software Technology in Computer Science. In particular, the candidate is expected to contribute to programming education in the first and second year of Creative Technology, as well teaching a course on Principles of Programming, Processes and Patterns Programming and supervising Software Technology students during their Industrial Software Engineering Project.

The FMT Group:

The mission of FMT is to develop mathematical methods, high-performance data structures and algorithms, and suitable programming languages for the design of reliable software- and data-intensive control systems. We focus on modelling, synthesis, analysis, prediction, and maintenance of their functional, structural and quantitative aspects. We aim to understand a complex systems’ safety, reliability, performance, energy usage and the risks and costs associated to its architecture, design, operation, and maintenance.

Our mission builds on extensive experience in concurrency theory, static analysis, theorem proving, language design, model checking and term/graph rewriting.