[ecoop-info] assistant/associate professor in formal methods and programming, at University of Twente
m.huisman at utwente.nl
m.huisman at utwente.nl
Wed Jun 30 16:15:26 CEST 2021
The Formal Methods and Tools (FMT) group of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) of the University of Twente is looking for an Assistant/Associate Professor in the area of formal methods and programming.
You will teach in - and contribute to the degree programmes of Computer Science and Creative Technology, and you will participate in the teaching program of specialized courses related to Software Technology in Computer Science. In particular, the candidate is expected to contribute to programming education in the first and second year of Creative Technology, as well teaching a course on Principles of Programming, Processes and Patterns Programming and supervising Software Technology students during their Industrial Software Engineering Project.
The FMT Group:
The mission of FMT is to develop mathematical methods, high-performance data structures and algorithms, and suitable programming languages for the design of reliable software- and data-intensive control systems. We focus on modelling, synthesis, analysis, prediction, and maintenance of their functional, structural and quantitative aspects. We aim to understand a complex systems’ safety, reliability, performance, energy usage and the risks and costs associated to its architecture, design, operation, and maintenance.
Our mission builds on extensive experience in concurrency theory, static analysis, theorem proving, language design, model checking and term/graph rewriting.
More information about the group: https://www.utwente.nl/en/eemcs/fmt/
FMT embraces scholarship in learning and teaching. We are proudly involved in education at all levels: In undergraduate and graduate university curricula, primary and secondary schools, teacher education, extracurricular programs, and post-graduate teaching. We use the classroom setting in our research, co-publish with students, and do active research on educational research.
FMT has is an open and welcoming group. We value social interaction and transparency, and we value the input of all members of the group.
You have a strong interest and shown ability to collaborate in an academic, multidisciplinary environment. A successful candidate will also demonstrate her or his intrinsic motivation and strong abilities for teaching at the bachelor and master level, and to various groups of students. You have excellent communication skills, allowing efficient interaction with colleagues.
Furthermore, we encourage you to apply if:
* You have a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related discipline;
* You are capable of strengthening the FMT group;
* You have strong abilities for high-quality research and teaching in a multidisciplinary context;
* You are effective in acquiring external funding;
* You are fluent in English. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn Dutch is an advantage;
* You have a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or equivalent, or are willing to acquire one within three years.
* We offer a fulltime structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
* Our terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labor Agreement for Universities (CAO) and include a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3 %;
* Depending on your relevant background and experience, the gross monthly salary on a full-time basis ranges from € 3.746,- to € 6.940,- per month;
* A minimum of 29 leave days in case of full-time employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis;
* Furthermore, we offer excellent professional and personal development programs;
* Finally, you will work in a lively, inspiring and dynamic working environment in an organization focusing on internationalization, where you will have a high degree of responsibility and independence.
Information and application
Are you interested in joining our team? Please submit your application before the 14th of July 2021, via https://www.utwente.nl/en/organisation/careers/!/50/, including:
* A curriculum vitae (including, list of publications, research and teaching statement)
* A cover letter in which you describe your motivation and qualifications for the position.
You are welcome to contact prof.dr. M. Huisman via m.huisman at utwente.nl, for any questions you might have.
About the organization
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) uses mathematics, electronics and computer technology to contribute to the development of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). With ICT present in almost every device and product we use nowadays, we embrace our role as contributors to a broad range of societal activities and as pioneers of tomorrow's digital society. As part of a people-first tech university that aims to shape society, individuals and connections, our faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad, and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. Our research has a high profile both in the Netherlands and internationally. It has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary UT research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centre and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the EEMCS Faculty offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With our Faculty, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customizable conditions.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.
More information about the ecoop-info