[ecoop-info] PhD student and post-doc positions in Program Verification at ETH Zurich

Mueller Peter peter.mueller at inf.ethz.ch
Fri May 28 14:49:42 CEST 2021

The Programming Methodology group (http://www.pm.inf.ethz.ch/) at ETH Zurich is recruiting PhD students and post-docs in the area of program verification. We are especially interested in strengthening our teams working on Rust verification (https://www.pm.inf.ethz.ch/research/prusti.html) and Go verification (https://www.pm.inf.ethz.ch/research/gobra.html). Our goal is to develop verification techniques and tools that can be used to prove correctness and security of advanced systems.
Key requirements for successful applications:
* Strong commitment to research
* Interest in combining theory and practice
* For PhD students: excellent M.Sc. degree in Computer Science or in a related subject with a strong Computer Science component
* For post-docs: publications in top conferences or journals
* Proficiency in English and excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Applications and questions should be sent to Peter Müller (jobs-pm at inf.ethz.ch<mailto:jobs-pm at inf.ethz.ch>). The application should include a CV and a description of research interests. We will consider applications until the positions are filled. The start date is negotiable.
More details about the positions:
* PhD and post-doc positions are fully funded and have an attractive salary and social benefits.
* Full scholarships are available for outstanding B.Sc. students interested in the PhD.
* ETH has one of the top computer science departments in the world
* Zurich is consistently ranked among the top destinations in the world for quality of life.
General information on doctoral studies at ETH is available at www.inf.ethz.ch/doctorate.html<http://www.inf.ethz.ch/doctorate.html>