[ecoop-info] Research Assistant/Associate in PL/VMs

Laurence Tratt laurie at tratt.net
Mon Nov 8 12:11:03 CET 2021

The soft-dev team at King's College London has an open position for a
Research Assistant or Associate: apply on or before Nov 21st.

This position requires a mix of research and engineering to understand how
to migrate programs between different versions of a language, using Python 2
to Python 3 as a concrete example. We will need to tackle the problem from
different angles, for example augmenting CPython 2.x to dynamically identify
idioms which will cause problems under Python 3. Excellent programming
skills (C and Python are particularly useful, but excellence can be shown in
any other programming language too e.g. C++/Java/Rust) are required for this
role as is the ability to work well with others. The successful applicant
will work in a friendly team with existing Python and VM skills.

We welcome people with different backgrounds/routes into research: there's
no need to fit a standard profile. We are also comfortable, and experienced,
with long-term largely-remote work within the UK.

More details can be found here:

  https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/job/036186/Research-Associate

Please contact Laurence Tratt <laurie at tratt.net> with any informal queries
you may have.