[ecoop-info] Informatics Europe Webinar (Nov 25th): Power of Algorithms in Discrete Optimisation

Informatics Europe Office - KW Chui kitwan.chui at informatics-europe.org
Mon Nov 22 09:34:59 CET 2021

Dear colleagues,

We cordially invite you to participate to our *next Informatics Europe
webinar* on 25 November (Thursday):

*Power of Algorithms in Discrete Optimisation**
Date: 25 November 2021, 5pm (CET)
Speaker: Prof. Prof. Stanislav Živný, University of Oxford, UK
Register for the free webinar:
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/survey/index.php/473777/lang-en>

Webinar abstract:
Which discrete optimisation problems can be solved efficiently and why?
Prof. Živný's research is concerned with designing efficient algorithms
and finding the exact borderline of tractability.
For a broad class of computational problems, known as constraint
satisfaction problems (CSPs), we now have a good understanding of this
fundamental question for exact solvability.
In this talk, Prof. Živný will survey his work on the power of convex
relaxations (such as linear and semidefinite programming relaxations)
for constraint satisfaction problems.

About the speaker:
Stanislav (Standa) Živný is a Full Professor of Computer Science at the
University of Oxford, where he has been a faculty member since 2013. He
is also a Tutorial Fellow at Oxford’s Jesus College.
His PhD thesis received the 2011 ACP Doctoral Research Award. His
research has been funded by a Royal Society University Research
Fellowship and an ERC Starting Grant.

We look forward to meeting you at this webinar.

Yours sincerely,
Informatics Europe

/*This webinar is part of the Informatics Europe webinar series offered
by IE since September 2021. These live webinars are hosted by
distinguished keynote speakers. They are free webinars, open to all who
have registered for participation through our webpage
<https://www.informatics-europe.org/activities/webinars.html>.
Recorded versions will also be available later on our YouTube channel
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZkorVL6sDa4nMWjxV2JtVg>.