[ecoop-info] [Vardi-list] Webinar & Call for Model-Checking Community Feedback

Moshe Y Vardi vardi at cs.rice.edu
Tue Feb 1 22:02:05 CET 2022

*** Apologies for multiple postings

         Webinar & Call for Model-Checking Community Feedback

"Developing an Open-Source, State-of-the-Art Symbolic Model-Checking
          Framework for the Model-Checking Research Community"

https://modelchecker.temporallogic.org

Research Goal:
---------------
This is an NSF (U.S. National Science Foundation)-funded effort to develop
an open-source, state-of-the-art symbolic model-checking framework for the
international model-checking research community. Our goal is to fill the
current gap in model checking research platforms: building a
freely-available, open-source, scalable model checking infrastructure that
accepts expressive models and efficiently interfaces with the
currently-maintained state-of-the-art back-end algorithms to provide an
extensible research and verification tool. We will create a community
resource with a well-documented intermediate representation to enable
extensibility, and a web portal, facilitating new modeling languages and
back-end algorithmic advances. To add new modeling languages or
algorithms, researchers need only to develop a translator to/from the new
intermediate language, and will then be able to integrate each advance
with the full state-of-the-art in model checking.

Project Status:
the new framework.

Webinar:
--------

Our first workshop will be held online via zoom:
1:00pm-3:00pm US-CST (GMT-6)
Registration is at: https://modelchecker.temporallogic.org

Agenda:
15 minutes: Project overview and introduction
45 minutes: Candidate intermediate representation details
60 minutes: Moderated community feedback and questions

*** Additional webinars will be held to accommodate other time-zones;
please register for a future workshop on the website and provide your
timezone when asked.

Research Leads: