[ecoop-info] CFP: IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud, and Grid Computing - CCGRID 2011, May 23-26 2011, Newport Beach, CA, USA

Johannes Watzl watzl at nm.ifi.lmu.de
Fri Oct 15 01:37:59 CEST 2010

   *** Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP ***

 IEEE Computer Society / Technical Committee on Scalable Computing / ACM

                       Submission deadline:
              * Nov 30, 2010 - main conference contributions
              * Oct 05, 2010 - workshop proposals

                      *****************
                       CALL FOR PAPERS
                      *****************

OVERVIEW/SCOPE:

Advances in processing, communication and systems/middleware
technologies are leading to new paradigms and platforms for computing,
ranging from computing Clusters to widely distributed Grids and Clouds.
 Cluster computing continues to be a key resource for high-performance
computing, and a fundamental element in grid and cloud computing
deployments.  Grid computing has effectively addressed many integration,
security, and heterogeneity aspects arising from larger-scale virtual
organizations.  The cloud computing paradigm promises on-demand
scalability, reliability, and cost-effective high-performance.

CCGrid is a series of successful conferences, sponsored by the IEEE
Computer Society Technical Committee on Scalable Computing (TCSC) and
ACM, with the overarching goal of bringing together international
researchers, developers, and users and to provide an international forum
to present leading research activities and results on a broad range of
topics related to these platforms and paradigms and their applications.
The conference features keynotes, technical presentations, posters,
workshops, tutorials, as well as the SCALE challenge featuring live
demonstrations.

In 2011, CCGrid will return to the U.S.A., where it was last held in
2004.  CCGrid 2011 will have a special focus on four important and
immediate issues that are significantly influencing all aspects of
Cluster, Cloud and Grid computing: Adaptive Elastic Computing, Green
Computing, Virtualization, and GP-GPU Computing.  Topics of interest
include, but are not limited to:

* Paradigms and Technologies: System architectures, Design and
deployment; Programming models, language, systems and
tools/environments; Virtualization; Middleware technologies; Volunteer
Computing; Enterprise, HPC, Hybrid Clouds; GP-GPU Computing

* Service-Orientation: Service oriented architectures; Utility computing
models; *aaS paradigm; Service composition and orchestration;

* Autonomic Management: Self-* behaviors, models and technologies;
Autonomic paradigms and approaches (control-based, bio-inspired,
emergent, etc.); Bio-inspired approaches to management; SLA definition
and enforcement; Adaptive elastic distributed computing

* Greening: Environment friendly computing ecosystems;
Hardware/software/application energy efficiency; Power and cooling;
Thermal/power awareness;

* Virtualization:  Virtual machine technologies; VM migration and
reconfiguration;  Virtual networks;  Virtual machine images and
optimization techniques;

* GP-GPU Computing:  Programming technology for General-Purpose GPU
Computing; Heterogeneous CPU/GPU computing;  GPU Grids and Clouds;

* Monitoring and Evaluation: Performance models; Monitoring and
evaluation tools; Analysis of system/application performance; Benchmarks
and testbeds; Workload characterization and modeling;

* Economic Aspects: Utility models and computing economies;
Economic-based models and approaches;

* Security and Trust: Cloud/Grid security and trust; Access control;
Data privacy and integrity; Regulation;

* Applications and Experiences: Applications to real and complex
problems in science, engineering, business, and society; User studies;
Support for social networks and massively multiplayer online games;
Experiences with large-scale deployments of systems or applications.

PAPER SUBMISSION:

Authors are invited to submit papers electronically. Submitted
manuscripts should be structured as technical papers and may not exceed
10 letter size (8.5 x 11) pages including figures, tables and references
using the IEEE format for conference proceedings (print area of 6-1/2
inches (16.51 cm) wide by 8-7/8 inches (22.51 cm) high, two-column
format with columns 3-1/16 inches (7.85 cm) wide with a 3/8 inch (0.81
cm) space between them, single-spaced 10-point Times fully justified
text). Submissions not conforming to these guidelines may be returned
without review. Authors should submit the manuscript in PDF format and
make sure that the file will print on a printer that uses letter size
(8.5 x 11) paper. The official language of the meeting is English. All
manuscripts will be reviewed and will be judged on correctness,
originality, technical strength, significance, quality of presentation,
and interest and relevance to the conference attendees.

Submitted papers must represent original unpublished research that is
not currently under review for any other conference or journal. Papers
not following these guidelines will be rejected without review and
further action may be taken, including (but not limited to)
notifications sent to the heads of the institutions of the authors and
sponsors of the conference. Submissions received after the due date,
exceeding length limit, or not appropriately structured may also not be
considered. Authors may contact the conference PC Chair for more
information. The proceedings will be published through the IEEE Computer
Society Press, USA and will be made online through the IEEE Digital Library.

SUBMISSION LINK:

Papers conforming to the above guidelines can be submitted through the
CCGrid 2011 paper submission system at:

  http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ccgrid2011

IMPORTANT DATES:

Nov 30, 2010 -- Submission of main conference contributions
Jan 25, 2011 -- Author notification
Oct 05, 2010 -- Submission of workshop proposal
Oct 10, 2010 -- Workshop proposal notification
Feb 15, 2011 -- Camera-ready version of accepted contributions
May 23-24, 2011 -- Workshops
May 23-26, 2011 -- Main conference

JOURNAL SPECIAL ISSUE:

Highly rated Top 5 papers from the CCGrid 2011 conference will be
selected for publication in a special issue of the Future Generation
Computer Systems Journal published by Elsevier Press.

CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

CCGrid 2011 is inviting proposals for organising of co-located and
peer-reviewed workshops on emerging topics. For details, please visit
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ccgrid11/Workshops.html

CHAIRS & COMMITTEES
********************

General co-Chairs:
Nalini Venkatasubramanian, UC Irvine, USA
Craig Lee, Aerospace Corp., USA

Program Committee Chair:
Carlos Varela, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA

Program Committee Vice Chairs:

	Algorithms and Applications
	Kenjiro Taura, U. Tokyo, Japan

        Middleware, Autonomic Computing, and Cyberinfrastructure
        Manish Parashar, Rutgers University, USA

	Performance Modeling and Evaluation
        Henri Casanova, U. Hawaii, USA

	Programming Models and Systems
	Gul Agha, UIUC, USA

        Scalable Heterogeneous Fault-Tolerant Computing
        David Anderson, UC Berkeley, USA

        Scheduling and Resource Management
        Pavan Balaji, Argonne National Lab, USA

Program Committee Members (partial list):

Sheri            Abdelwahed         Mississippi State University
            United States
Ahmad            Afsahi             Queen's University
            Canada
Gagan            Agrawal            Ohio State University
            United States
Kento            Aida               National Institute of Informatics
            Japan
Jorn             Altmann            Seoul National University
            Korea
Geoff            Arnold             Huawei
            China
David            Bader              Georgia Institute of Technology
            United States
Henri            Bal                Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
            Netherlands
Carlos Jaime     Barrios            Universidad Industrial de Santander
            Colombia
Viraj            Bhat               Yahoo
            United States
Ivona            Brandic            Vienna University of Technology
            Austria
Franck           Cappello           INRIA and UIUC
            France / United States
Harold           Castro             Universidad de Los Andes
            Colombia
Brad             Chamberlain        Cray
            United States
Yong             Chen               Oak Ridge National Laboratory
            United States
Eunmi            Choi               Kookmin
            Korea
Michael          Cummings           University of Maryland
            United States
Ewa              Deelman            Universtiy of Southern California
            United States
Travis           Desell             Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
            United States
Frédéric         Desprez            LIP/INRIA
            France
Zhihui           Du                 Tsinghua University
            China
Kaoutar          El-Maghraoui       IBM T.J. Watson Research Lab
            United States
Erik             Elmroth            Umeå University
            Sweden
Toshio           Endo               Tokyo Institute of Technology
            Japan
Dick             Epema              Technische Universiteit Delft
            Netherlands
Thomas           Fahringer          University of Innsbruck
            Austria
Gilles           Fedak              INRIA
            France
Wu-chun          Feng               Virginia Tech
            United States
John             Field              IBM T.J. Watson Research Lab
            United States
Renato           Figueiredo         University of Florida
            United States
Jose             Fortes             University of Florida
            United States
Geoffrey         Fox                Indiana University
            United States
Keiichiro        Fukazawa           Kyushu University
            Japan
Saurabh Kumar    Garg               University of Melbourne
            Australia
Ada              Gavrilovska        Georgia Institute of Technology
            United States
Michael          Gerndt             Technishe Universitaet Muenchen
            Germany
Cécile           Germain-Renaud     Laboratoire de Recherche en
Informatique (LRI)  France
Daniel           Gonzalez           Univ. of Extremadura
            Spain
Ganesh           Gopalakrishnan     University of Utah
            United States
William          Gropp              UIUC
            United States
Bob              Grossman           UIC
            United States
Seif             Haridi             KTH Stockholm
            Sweden
Kenneth          Hawick             Massey University - Albany
            New Zealand
Torsten          Hoefler            NCSA
            United States
Marty            Humphrey           University of Virginia
            United States
Alexandru        Iosup              Delft University of Technology
            Netherlands
Takeshi          Iwashita           Kyoto University
            Japan
Shantenu         Jha                Louisiana State University
            United States
Hai              Jin                Huazhong University of Science and
Technology   China
Krishna          Kant               NSF
            United States
Takahiro         Katagiri           University of Tokyo
            Japan
Kate             Keahey             Argonne National Laboratory
            United States
Thilo            Kielmann           Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
            Netherlands
Hyunjoo          Kim                Rutgers University
            United States
Derrick          Kondo              INRIA
            France
Adam             Kornafeld          Worcester Polytechnic Institute
            United States
Arnaud           Legrand            INRIA
            France
Laurent          Lefevre            INRIA
            France
Xiaolin          Li                 University of Florida
            United States
Satoshi          Matsuoka           Tokyo Institute of Tech.
            Japan
Guillaume        Mercier            INRIA
            France
Hidemoto         Nakada             AIST
            Japan
Charles          Norton             JPL/NASA
            United States
Scott            Pakin              Los Alamos National Laboratory
            United States
Dhabaleswar K.   Panda              Ohio State University
            United States
Suraj            Pandey             University of Melbourne
            Australia
Anjaneyulu       Pasala             Infosys
            India
Martin           Quinson            University of Nancy
            France
Rajiv            Ranjan             University of Melbourne
            Australia
Ivan             Rodero             Rutgers University
            United States
Massoud          Sadjadi            Florida International University
            United States
Joel             Saltz              Emory University
            United States
Martin           Schulz             Lawrence Livermore National
Laboratory          United States
Bruno            Schulze            LNCC
            Brazil
Naveen           Sharma             Xerox Innovation Group
            United States
Mark             Silberstein        Technion
            Israel
Jaspal           Subhlok            University of Houston
            United States
Frédéric         Suter              CNRS
            France
Shivasubramanian Swami              Amazon Inc.
            United States
Michela          Taufer             University of Delaware
            United States
Rajeev           Thakur             Argonne National Laboratory
            United States
Vinod            Tipparaju          Oak Ridge National Laboratory
            United States
Jordi            Torres             Technical University of Catalonia
            Spain
Sathish          Vadhiyar           Indian Institute of Science
            India
Srikumar         Venugopal          The University of New South Wales
            Australia
Deepak           Vij                Huawei
            China
Abhinav          Vishnu             Pacific Northwest National
Laboratory           United States
Wei-Jen          Wang               National Central University
            Taiwan
Jon B.           Weissman           University of Minnesota
            United States
Matt             Wolf               Georgia Institute of Technology
            United States
Jan-Jan          Wu                 Academia Sinica
            Taiwan
Albert           Zomaya             University of Sydney
            Australia

--
        _  _ _  _ _  _          Johannes Watzl
        |\/| |\ | |\/|          Institut für Informatik / Dept. of CS
        |  | | \| |  |          Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
     ======= TEAM =======       Oettingenstr. 67, 80538 Munich, Germany
                                Room E 005, Phone +49-89-2180-9162
Munich Network Management Team  Email: watzl at nm.ifi.lmu.de
Münchner Netz-Management Team   http://www.nm.ifi.lmu.de/~watzl