[ecoop-info] PostDoc position at the University of Chile

Alexandre Bergel alexandre.bergel at me.com
Mon Apr 1 22:36:02 CEST 2013

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

The Chilean research agency will soon open its call for postdoc funding. PhDs in Computer Science who want to get an enriching experience are encouraged to apply.

Working at the DCC:
************************
The position will have to be carried out at the DCC, University of Chile. No teaching duty is expected from you.

The postdoc will be involved in the life of the Pleiad lab (http://pleiad.cl), meaning she/he will have to interact with our PhD students, help us in guiding smart students and engineers, eat chocolate with us.

Research topics are broad:
- Programming languages and environments
- Empirical studies and mining software repositories
- Profiling and visualization
- Advanced modularity
- Modeling and design
- ...
Yes, we are open minded people :-)

Yearly salary will be about 17,472,000 CLP per year (~37,000 USD) (to be confirmed). Note that living cost is rather low in Santiago, as well as taxes. An additional 4,500,000 CLP (~9,530 USD) will cover travel expenses and computer-related expenses.

Mini FAQ:
************************
- Do I need to know Spanish to apply? No, knowing Spanish is not mandatory at all. Chileans are very friendly, so even with a deeply broken Spanish coupled with a heavy accent you will have no problem to integrate.
- How often can I expect to return home? This essentially depends on your productivity. Santiago is only 1 night away from Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid, New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Toronto, Sydney: board, eat, sleep, deplane, welcome home.
- What does it mean to live in Santiago? If you like sun, fresh fruit, (very) friendly people, nature (high mountains, desert, glaciers), good wine, sushi, exotic places, ... then you will be happy.

Contact:
If you are interested or have any question, feel free to get in touch with Alex, Johan, Romain or Éric (seehttp://pleiad.cl/people)

The application deadline to the research agency is May 15th.

Links:
http://www.conicyt.cl/fondecyt/2013/03/15/concurso-postdoctorado-2014/
http://pleiad.cl

--