[ecoop-info] Call for Proposals for Workshops at FM2015 (20th Intl. Symposium on Formal Methods); 22.-26. June, 2015, Oslo
m.huisman at utwente.nl
Mon Sep 22 10:16:17 CEST 2014
CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR WORKSHOPS
The 20th International Symposium on Formal Methods (FM 2015) will take place in Oslo, Norway, June 22-26, 2015. For this major event, we are inviting people to submit proposals for workshops.
The purpose of the workshops is to provide an informal setting for workshop participants to discuss technical issues, exchange research ideas, and to discuss and/or demonstrate applications. These workshops may be driven by fundamental academic interests or by needs from specific application domains. We encourage a diversity of workshops relating to different varieties of formal models. We also explicitly welcome satellite events in a non-traditional format, such as formal methods-related competitions.
All workshop proposals must be written in English.
Proposals for workshops should be no more than 3 pages in length and submitted to the Workshops chairs before November 14, 2014 (see below).
A workshop proposal should include a draft call-for-papers containing at least the following information:
- Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the goals and the technical issues that will be its focus.
- The names and contact information (web page, email address) of the Programme Committee (PC) chairs, i.e., the workshop organisers.
- A tentative list of workshop PC members. We suggest one or two PC chairs and at least 10 PC members coming from different countries.
Moreover, the following additional information is requested:
- If the workshop has taken place before:
How often has the workshop taken place so far?
Which conference(s) has the workshop been colocated with so far?
Number of participants in the last installment.
- A discussion of the proposed format and agenda.
- The proposed duration (half, one or two days).
- Procedures for selecting participants and papers.
- Potential invited speakers.
- Expected number of participants.
Each workshop programme chair will be responsible for the following:
- Producing a web page and a "Call for Papers/Participation" for their workshop.
- Providing a brief description of the workshop for the conference web page and programme, and providing a workshop web page the conference can refer to for details.
- Selecting the papers for the workshop proceedings and providing the camera ready copies ready for publication.
- All advertising of the workshop beyond web page advertising.
- Appointing session chairs, etc.
The local organisation of the conference will take care of the production of informal or electronic workshop proceedings, assuming that the proceedings are camera ready.
Submission of Workshop Proposals
Proposals should be submitted as a PDF file. Please send your proposals and any inquiries by electronic mail to the Workshop chairs:
Marieke Huisman<M.Huisman at utwente.nl>
Volker Stolz<stolz at ifi.uio.no>.
Deadline for workshop proposals: November 14, 2014
Notification of decision on workshops: November 28, 2014
More information about the ecoop-info