[ecoop-info] FTfJP CfP (deadline extended)

Radu Grigore radugrigore at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 18:32:44 CEST 2017

website: http://2017.ecoop.org/track/FTfJP-2017-papers
submissions: https://ftfjp17.hotcrp.com/

FTfJP (Formal Techniques for Java-like Programs) is an
established workshop, running annually since 1999. It is
associated with ECOOP, a flagship European conference on
object-oriented programming.

For 2017, contributions are sought in two categories:

  * **Technical Work**. In 6 two-column pages, the paper should
    present a technical contribution. We welcome both complete
    and incomplete results, as long as they are substantial
    enough to stimulate discussion on future research directions.

  * **Position Paper**. In 2 two-column pages, the paper should
    advocate a promising research direction. Using this format,
    we encourage established researchers to set out their vision,
    and we also encourage beginning researchers to plan their
    path to a PhD.

Both types of contributions will benefit from feedback received
at the workshop.  Both theory and tools are welcome.  Topics
include but are not limited to

  - semantics
  - types
  - model checking
  - program analysis (static or dynamic)
  - verification (traditional, quantitative, at runtime, ...)
  - language design (for programs or specifications)
  - concurrency
  - security
  - proof engineering
  - pearls (proofs or programs)

Important dates:

  - **1 May 2017:** **extended** submission deadline
  - **15 May 2017:** author notification

Submissions will be peer reviewed, and will be evaluated based on
their *clarity* and based on their *potential to generate
interesting discussions*.  The format of the workshop encourages
interaction. FTfJP is a forum in which a wide range of people
share their expertise, from experienced researchers to beginning
PhD students.

Program Committee:

  - Nada Amin, EPFL
  - Alexandre Bartel, University of Luxembourg
  - Sam Blackshear, Facebook
  - Bart Jacobs, KU Leuven
  - Radu Grigore, University of Kent (chair)
  - James Noble, Victoria University of Wellington
  - Jens Palsberg, UCLA
  - Aseem Rastogi, Microsoft Research
  - Bernhard Scholz, University of Sydney
  - Malte Schwerhoff, ETH Zurich

Accepted papers will be published in the ACM Digital Library, if
the authors wish so.  The use of [ACM's template][acm] with the
SIGPLAN format is required.  Submit via [HotCRP][hotcrp].
Submissions are by default *not* double blind. If you wish to
anonymize your submission, contact the PC chair.

  [acm]: http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template
  [hotcrp]: https://ftfjp17.hotcrp.com/