[ecoop-info] POSTDOC POSITIONS AVAILABLE: MODELS, TOOLS AND REALIZATIONS OF INTELLIGENT EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
mialb at cs.aau.dk
Mon Sep 16 21:57:35 CEST 2019
POSTDOC POSITIONS AVAILABLE: MODELS, TOOLS AND REALIZATIONS OF INTELLIGENT EMBEDDED SYSTEMS
At Center for Embedded Software Systems (CISS), Department of Computer Science, Aalborg University, several Postdoc positions are available. The positions are open for appointment from November 1, 2019 or soon thereafter.
A postdoc position is for one year with an optional extension of one more year.
The research will focus on tools and realizations of Intelligent, Embedded Systems with particular focus on their applications on mobile and energy aware systems. The positions are related to three large innovation projects which also include industrial partners.
Concretely, we are looking for applicants with a strong background and interest in one (or both) of the following:
(1) Tools and algorithms for the analysis of real time systems: The UPPAAL tool family has been developed jointly with UPPSALA university, and in Aalborg, a number of extensions have been developed for statistical model checking, game analysis, test generation etc. Recently, machine learning techniques have been adapted.
(2) Modelling, analysis and implementation of distributed and networked systems: Modelling of protocols for networked and distributed systems with particular emphasis on their quantitative properties like real time and energy consumption. Implementation of such protocols in realistic IoT settings. Services for and interoperability of IoT systems.
Within these areas, the positions come with many freedoms in terms of the specific research direction, methodology, and approaches taking the specific project needs into consideration. Accordingly, in addition to the detailed CV and recommendation letters (if any), the applicant should provide a short cover letter which describes the applicant's background, interests, and initial thoughts and ideas.
Regarding the host institution: The Computer Science Department at Aalborg University takes a leading international position within data management and verification. It is a very young university (1974) but with a strong international profile in Mathematics, and Computer Science & Engineering, also hosting the two most highly cited Computer Scientists of the country. According to the CWTS Leiden Ranking 2014 measuring the scientific performance of 750 major universities worldwide, Aalborg University is ranked no. 117 worldwide and is the highest ranked Danish university within Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering.
Aalborg is an attractive student city located at the Fjord and close to the Sea, and is well-connected (by car, train, but also via Aalborg Airport). Denmark in general and Aalborg in particular are known for their excellent quality of life. Denmark took the top spot on the United Nation's World Happiness Report, 2013 & 2014 & 2016 and came in third in the 2015 report: http://www.visitdenmark.co.uk/en-gb/denmark/art/happiest-people-world .
For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Prof Kim G. Larsen kgl at cs.aau.dk<mailto:kgl at cs.aau.dk> / https://cs.aau.dk/~kgl/
Appointment as Postdoc presupposes scientific qualifications at PhD-level or similar scientific qualifications. The research potential of each applicant will be emphasized in the overall assessment. In general, appointment as a Postdoc cannot exceed a period of four years in total at Aalborg University.
Interested applicants should send the following:
* A motivated text wherein the reasons for applying, qualifications in relation to the position, and intentions and visions for the position are stated.
* A current curriculum vitae.
* Copies of relevant diplomas (Master of Science and PhD). On request you could be asked for an official English translation.
* Scientific qualifications.
* Dissemination qualifications, including participation on committees or boards, participation in organisations and the like.
* Additional qualifications in relation to the position.
* Personal data.
The material should be submitted to Kim G. Larsen (kgl at cs.aau.dk<mailto:kgl at cs.aau.dk>) by email.
More information about the ecoop-info