[ecoop-info] PhD/Junior research position at the HASLab group
José Orlando Pereira
jop at di.uminho.pt
Fri Feb 22 10:46:45 CET 2013
==== Context ====
The Minha project aims at researching the impact of very large scale
in distributed middleware by allowing a cost effective and thorough
experimental evaluation of actual systems. At its core, the Minha
middleware testing platform virtualizes multiple JVM instances in each
JVM while simulating key environment components, reproducing the
concurrency, distribution, and performance characteristics of a much
larger distributed system. This research project is currently funded
by a Google Faculty Research Award. More information is available at
==== Description ====
Conduct research in the evaluation of large scale dependable
dependable distributed systems. Your responsibility involves
contributing to the Minha open source project (http://www.minha.pt),
conducting experiments, and writing and submitting research papers.
The work location is at the Gualtar Campus of the U. Minho, in Braga,
==== Requirements ====
* Master Degree in Computer Science.
* Strong background and interest in distributed systems.
* Programming skills in Java, preferably including bytecode
* Practical experience with middleware and open source software and/or
knowledge of event-driven simulation techniques.
* Please note that there are institutional requirements for applying
separately for a Ph.D. programme at U. Minho.
==== Application ====
The deadline is March 15, 2013 and you should provide the following:
* List of distributed/operating systems courses you attended
* List of publications and list of open source projects
* Research statement
* Two reference letters from supervisors in research or teaching +
For more information about this position, please see
http://www.minha.pt/news/job1 or contact José Pereira
(http://www.di.uminho.pt/~jop / jop at di.uminho.pt).
More information about the ecoop-info