[ecoop-info] Extension CfP (submission deadline: January 15, 2015) - 1st IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft2015) / April 13-17, 2015 London, UK / http://sites.ieee.org/netsoft
a.galis at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Dec 11 14:08:34 CET 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
1st IEEE Conference on Network Softwarization
"Bridging Networking with IT"
April 13-17, 2015 London, UK
Theme: Software-Defined Infrastructures for Networks, Clouds and Services
* Paper Registration: 9th January 2015
* Paper Submission (extension): January 15, 2015
* Notification of Acceptance: February 22, 2015
* Camera Ready Papers: March 13, 2015
The IEEE International Conference on Network Softwarization (NetSoft 2015) will be held April 13-17, 2015 in London, U.K. at the Cruciform Building of University College London (UCL).
NetSoft 2015 will be the first of a series of annual events established as part of the IEEE Software-Defined Networks initiative of the IEEE Future Directions Committee in order to build an IEEE-wide community in this area across multiple IEEE societies and councils (http://sdn.ieee.org/about.html). Software-Defined Networking (SDN), Network Function Virtualization (NFV), and Software-Defined Clouds could be seen as different expressions of an overall transformation trend, which is deeply impacting and Telecom and IT industries. This trend is also transforming several other Industries, in using "softwarization" to optimize costs and processes and in bringing new values in infrastructures. In particular, SDN, NFV and network programmability are creating the conditions to reinvent network and cloud architectures, accelerate service deployment and facilitate infrastructure management.
Accordingly, the theme of NetSoft 2015 is "Software-Defined Infrastructures for Networks, Clouds and Services". NetSoft is intended to serve as the flagship IEEE forum for technical exchange on software-defined infrastructures and services.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Authors are invited to submit papers that fall into the area of software-defined and virtualized infrastructures. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
* SDI Architectures, Application Programming Interfaces Protocols & Programming languages
* SDN Switch/Router Architectures/Designs
* Control Architectures/Network Programmability
* Verification/Debugging/ Auditing Tools
* Placement/Factoring of Control Logic
* Efficient Network Virtualization in SDN
* Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
* SDN Resource, Network and Service Management and Efficient Operations
* Traffic Engineering and QoS in SDN
* Mobility/Security/Safety Support and Management in SDN
* Service & Information Orchestration/Chaining and Life Cycle Management
* Energy Efficient and Green Software-defined Infrastructures
* Software-based Integration of Computing, Storage & Networks
* Software-Defined Datacenters and Inter-datacenter Networks
* SDN Support for Big Data Applications
* SDN Applications to Enterprise, Home, Cellular
* Software-Defined Optical Transport and Backbone Networks
* SDN and Virtualization for RAN and 5G
* Performance Evaluation, Testbeds, and Experiences Benchmarking
* Deployments and Interoperation with Legacy Systems
Authors are invited to submit only original papers (written in English) not published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Papers should be in IEEE 2-column US-Letter style using IEEE Conference templates, found at: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html and submitted in PDF format via EDAS at: http://edas.info/N18361.
Papers can be of two types: full (up to 9 pages) or short (up to 5 pages). Papers exceeding these limits, multiple submissions, and self-plagiarized papers will be rejected without further review. All submitted papers will be subject to a peer-review process. The accepted papers will be published in IEEE Xplore, provided that the authors do present their paper at the conference.
* Prosper Chemouil, Orange Labs, France
* George Pavlou, University College London, UK
* Raouf Boutaba, University of Waterloo, Canada
* Alex Galis, University College London, UK
IEEE SDN Initiative Chair: Antonio Manzalini, Telecom Italia, Italy
The technical sponsors are IEEE Communications Society, IEEE Computer Society, IEEE Signal Processing Society and IEEE Consumer Electronics society.
For more information, please visit: http://sites.ieee.org/netsoft/
The pdf version of the CfP is attached.
To unsubscribe: <mailto:info-univerself-unsubscribe-request at list.alcatel-lucent.com>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: NetSoft 2015_CfP_Extension.pdf
Size: 365843 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ecoop-info